iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions  (Read 95146 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions
« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2019, 01:19:28 PM »

I never expected to learn that today...

Yes the video is awful and it's still very rough but still... To anyone trying... it IS possible!!
Cheers,
Spinning is life!!!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2019, 11:55:30 AM »

Well, after an hour of working on it!!! This trick will be long too learn!!! Both my shoulder are sore too but I landed rougly 50% of them... It was hard this morning because I was trying it in a hot and humid room!!! Lots of string tangle!!!

That said, a lot of fun!!! 😎

Finally figuring out my process for editing. I have stuff I want to post... till next time y'alls :P

Cheers
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 12:49:26 PM by ta0 »

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2019, 08:51:08 AM »

So now I'm able to snapstart any of my tops.. but string smoothness seem to affect it a lot.. I love my hornet string for my QSH to snap... ( it's less thick )... I seem
to start to love more smaller string in general.. I need to turn some soonly and try to see how I could apply this to all my tops :)

Cheers y'alls!
paxl

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2019, 10:27:21 AM »

Was planning on a video in the last part of this week but I got carried away and angry at Spiders :) They looks so simple and so fun after a snap start... that said, there is a something I don't
grasp yet.... Anyway will continue working on those until the light bulb click on :P

Cheers y'alls.
paxl

ps: I am planning a Koma / Chonkake video soon... I have neglecting them too much :P

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2019, 12:16:51 AM »

Spinning spiders is probably the trick that I enjoyed the most out of my white belt patch application (I don't count staircase to heaven because I learned that for another patch.  Very nice trick.).  It's a very smooth and good regen that was relatively easy to do after a snap start (for me).  That said it took a few good viewings and lots of experimenting for me to wrap my head around what to grab and what to let go of.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »

Spinning spiders is probably the trick that I enjoyed the most out of my white belt patch application (I don't count staircase to heaven because I learned that for another patch.  Very nice trick.).  It's a very smooth and good regen that was relatively easy to do after a snap start (for me).  That said it took a few good viewings and lots of experimenting for me to wrap my head around what to grab and what to let go of.

I have looked so far quite a bit à your video and ta0's one and... I still don't grasp how to not makes MORE loop around the tip and unrool the loop :) Snapstarting and then getting into a standard sewing maching is not something I struggle at but I end up with 2 string loop instead of getting back a 1 every passes :)

I'll figure it out at some point. That trick does look a lot satisfying to pull off thos!!!
Cheers y'alls,
Paxl

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2019, 11:16:56 AM »

For spinning spiders use your heaviest top.
At the same time that you are catching the tip to form a second loop you are releasing the end of the string, what opens the first loop (and lets the top fall). This involves some finger fidgeting. You need to let the string run easily through your fingers so the top can fall fast enough to regen also during the fall.
Some pendulum movement helps you keep the top horizontal when the top is spinning slow.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2019, 11:22:01 AM »

For spinning spiders use your heaviest top.
At the same time that you are catching the tip to form a second loop you are releasing the end of the string, what opens the first loop (and lets the top fall). This involves some finger fidgeting. You need to let the string run easily through your fingers so the top can fall fast enough to regen also during the fall.
Some pendulum movement helps you keep the top horizontal when the top is spinning slow.

Yep, that's what I have figured out... But again. The implementation doesn't work :) I'll continue working on it. I'm trying to learn it with my QSH from a trapeze throw to try to let me a bit more time. I don't think it's one of these tricks where it's impossible to do at high speed? ( Like wheels of fortunes?)

Thanks ta0 for the insight!
Will try to implement soonly.
It looks amazing after a snapstart!
Cheers!

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2019, 07:28:59 PM »

Not sure how Jorge manages the string with his fingers, but this is how I do it.  It's less likely to tangle if you let go of the loose string sooner and let it sort of drop onto the other string.  Hopefully this helps!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2019, 08:38:33 PM »

It's not too different to how I hold the string. Perhaps your hand is a little more open, what wouldn't affect the trick.

But I'm not sure about letting the string go before the end knot gets to the hand. On your video it seems that the piece of string that does not go through your hand whips around and wraps around the other string, what cannot be good.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2019, 09:51:59 PM »

Not sure how Jorge manages the string with his fingers, but this is how I do it.  It's less likely to tangle if you let go of the loose string sooner and let it sort of drop onto the other string.  Hopefully this helps!

Well thanks man! Within 30 minute I was doing it!!! Quite satisfying to pull off a snap start!!! Still need to work on it tho!!!

What I missed is that you need to let go and let slide the inner loop. I was just trying to release the index finger.

More time to work that out tomorrow!
Cheers!!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 10:25:04 PM by ta0 »

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2019, 09:02:46 AM »

It's not too different to how I hold the string. Perhaps your hand is a little more open, what wouldn't affect the trick.

But I'm not sure about letting the string go before the end knot gets to the hand. On your video it seems that the piece of string that does not go through your hand whips around and wraps around the other string, what cannot be good.
Yeah, I was trying to do it slow with more open hands (you can see in the POV where I revert back to doing it normal and you can't see what's going on).  When I do the trick at normal speed it goes way smoother, but there's always room for improvement!

Glad that helped Paxl!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2019, 02:47:47 PM »

Trying a new camera setup ( with an actual camera, a canon m3 )... I do think the video quality is better...

For anyone that love the love :) This top is amazing!

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2019, 04:05:28 PM »

Very fun video and great spinning!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2019, 04:08:07 PM »

Very fun video and great spinning!

Thanks man!!! Finally got my Giulia cooperating with a OWB!!! Expect something with that in the future... But, damn, lighter top are hard to snap start!!!!!