iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions  (Read 95620 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2017, 05:30:32 PM »

WOW. just WOW!!!

Edit: now the tip seem to move in and out of the top... how is fixed that tip ? Is that only pushfit and the top is kind of broken or it's screwed in ??? Thanks!
I had that issue with my fixed tip Trompo Grande. I don't recall at the moment if I had the problem with my QSH fixed tip. Jack advised placing I think plastic wrap over the part that seats into the top, then give it a good push. Let's just say it's working just fine in my opinion.
Edit: now the tip seem to move in and out of the top... how is fixed that tip ? Is that only pushfit and the top is kind of broken or it's screwed in ??? Thanks!

grocery bag, one layer should be fine in this case  ;)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2018, 09:29:47 AM »

Happy new year y'alls!!!

Let 2018 the year where I am able to regen!!! =)

My progess is going good enought for me. I'm able to lasso from left hand with the QSH bearing rougly 75% of the time... it's easier with my trompo grande but it's a fix tip... Koma wise, my boomerangs to both hand becomes more reliable... I've worked on it during the xmas break... anyway =)

Question. I've been able lately to do a boomerang to tip grab on my qsh ( so basically you throw. a boomerang and you catch the top by the tip mid-air.... ) Does that tricks has a name. I love tip grabbing for some reason, I'm also obsessed with finger spins... a lot of fun on komas but fun too with bearing and not... Anyway I have 2 tricks I'd love to film =).

The other small project I'd have is to make a some basic begginer videos. Stuff I'd love to have see when I started out... I know I've focuse a WHOLE LOT TOO MUCH OVER string length... Not to say it's not important but the boomerang is achievable with ANY string length... I use do need this exact length with this exact thing... Now I can thow any of my top with any lenght... But it has become a second nature...

Anyway... So long! Hope 2018 bring a lot of spinning in your life!
Cheers,
Paxl
Spinning is life!!!!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2018, 02:46:54 PM »

Question. I've been able lately to do a boomerang to tip grab on my qsh ( so basically you throw. a boomerang and you catch the top by the tip mid-air.... ) Does that tricks has a name.

if by "grabbing" you mean with the string, then that's called a "lasso from boomerang"  ;)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2018, 03:50:26 PM »

Question. I've been able lately to do a boomerang to tip grab on my qsh ( so basically you throw. a boomerang and you catch the top by the tip mid-air.... ) Does that tricks has a name.

if by "grabbing" you mean with the string, then that's called a "lasso from boomerang"  ;)

Nope, I mean by grabbing with my finger the tip mid air... yeah, i have to work on my lasso from boomerang :)

ps: well damn, seem I am able to lasso from broomerang!! =) Without consitancy... but I tried it 4 time, got 3 of them on the string and 2 back to my hand... =)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:55:37 PM by paxl13 »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2018, 03:55:44 PM »

Nope, I mean by grabbing with my finger the tip mid air... yeah, i have to work on my lasso from boomerang :)

with a fixed tip or a bearing tip?

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2018, 04:01:03 PM »

with a fixed tip or a bearing tip?

Bearing... it probably need a fingernest if you aren't with a bearing...

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2018, 07:38:40 AM »

Arghhh, last night was all about lasso! I know it needs time but while I'm getting better, I am so inconsistent!!! Anyway, and when it comes from a rollercoaster, I probably should master the rollercoaster before starting trying to master rc to string already! Anyway, last night I was landing consistently trapeze into finger nest with my fix tip!!!

Anyway so much fun!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2018, 11:44:35 AM »

You are progressing very nicely! Keep it up!

Question. I've been able lately to do a boomerang to tip grab on my qsh ( so basically you throw. a boomerang and you catch the top by the tip mid-air.... ) Does that tricks has a name. I love tip grabbing for some reason, I'm also obsessed with finger spins... a lot of fun on komas but fun too with bearing and not... Anyway I have 2 tricks I'd love to film =).

I don't think it has a name. If you land it directly to the finger, it would be just a boomerang to the finger. If you land it on the fingernail, it would be the legendary "a la uña".

On this video, daveid does a boomerang to the finger plus a bunch of tip grabs (but to a tip pointing up). He just named the video "stuff"  ;D

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2018, 12:43:51 PM »

@Ta0: There is definitively a LOT of cool stuff in there!!!

I need that double tipped top :) But yeah, I'll continue learning these lasso! Opininon. let it be I'd want a better top in between a
Fixed QSH, a Hornet, or getting a Strummol8 like the STB or the Guilla. Which one would be better ?

Right now I own a bearing QSH and a Grande Fixed + a couple of YYF tops.

Second question, the bearing in my YYF Elec-trick is starting to lock up, especially with the plastic tip. Is there anything I can do to help it get better and smoother. I keep that top with a plastic tip to be able to play anywhere without worring too much about my flooring.

Thanks y'alls

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2018, 08:27:48 PM »

Wow, this week is progress week!!! I just worked on my rollercoaster to hand and string and I was able to get to 6!!!

My lasso is basically almost effortless!!!!
I'm very happy!!!
Paxl

edit: The next morning, without trying very hard, I was hitting 2x RC to string on my QSH ( bearing sadly ) & 3-4x on my Grande.... =)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:38:28 AM by paxl13 »

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2018, 07:42:36 AM »

Was locking the bearing on a QSH something that was ever attempted... If I could just find a way to lock the bold with the body...

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2018, 04:09:26 PM »

I have a Hornet coming my way. I now can regenerate not consistantly but I clearly am in the regen land with more than 6 RC to (hand | string). I can also do a trick then hit a couple of RC to string!... I'm lookign forward to get the Hornet. I'll probably attempt at some point to lock the QSH bearing or maybe not... dunno.

Life is good!
paxl13

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2018, 04:14:47 PM »

Was locking the bearing on a QSH something that was ever attempted... If I could just find a way to lock the bold with the body...

sink gasket (aka faucet washer) between the nut and the body  ;)
the plastic washer that youre missing doesnt work anyway. its best to go to the hardware store and pickup a box/bag of sink gaskets (faucet washers), simply put one of those under the nut and tighten her down  ;)

[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 06:04:17 PM by ta0 »

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2018, 05:06:26 PM »

sink gasket (aka faucet washer) between the nut and the body  ;)
the plastic washer that youre missing doesnt work anyway. its best to go to the hardware store and pickup a box/bag of sink gaskets (faucet washers), simply put one of those under the nut and tighten her down  ;)

Hell damn!!! That exactly what I was searching for!!!!
Thanks Jack!!! It doesn't have the right tip but I'm sure I'll hit some rc soonly on it!!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 06:05:11 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2018, 10:31:29 PM »

Welcome to the land of regeneration!  It is a fascinating place to be!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!