iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Seriously Though, The Sweetle!  (Read 2303 times)

Skywalker22

• Hello everyone I Love Spin Tops! lol
Seriously Though, The Sweetle!
« on: October 30, 2022, 09:08:28 PM »

:) I just needed to make this post because I am a noob and just received my first (not last) Sweetle in the mail the other day! And this top is literally a perfectionist dream come true, this baby wants to spin! Chris N. was a pleasure to speak with, the top came in three days and is perfect in every way. couldn't ask for a better Spin Top, but if anyone has any recommendations they think are better than this I am always open to listen. lol p.s. Thanks Chris
"Remember, we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
Re: Seriously Though, The Sweetle!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 11:14:01 PM »

The sweetle is a pretty good top! But personally, for regens, I prefer to use a top with a wider neck tip (such as the trompo grande, or the quicksilver hybrid). The tip on the sweetle has too narrow of a neck for my personal liking, and it tends to almost wirewalk when it's being maneuvered around. As a bearing top it's not bad at all, of course!

Skywalker22

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 10:07:35 PM »

Dude the Trompo Grande is my jam! If im doing target shooting (my favorite pastime) I always use the T.G.! I have made a string for it also that just turned out perfect and they couldn't go any better hand-in-hand! The Sweetle is a Big top and is not for everyone it seems being as this post got one reply lol I Love It tho. ✌

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 10:13:58 PM »

The sweetle is a pretty good top! But personally, for regens, I prefer to use a top with a wider neck tip (such as the trompo grande, or the quicksilver hybrid). The tip on the sweetle has too narrow of a neck for my personal liking, and it tends to almost wirewalk when it's being maneuvered around. As a bearing top it's not bad at all, of course!

Mm, I've never had the pleasure of working with a Sweetle but I can definitely say I agree with your assessment of the tip (just from a visual standpoint of course)

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 11:45:33 PM »

Mm, I've never had the pleasure of working with a Sweetle but I can definitely say I agree with your assessment of the tip (just from a visual standpoint of course)

Great minds think alike!  ;D

Skywalker22

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 10:12:30 PM »

I have not achieved the level of regen yet myself lol but I am working on it like crazy and am amazed at how different fixed and bearing tip tops are! Thats why I love my Sweetle, its convertible to fixed and for some reason the 150grams suits me well, feels good in the hand and makes throwing my S8 much easier!

Skywalker22

Just an update
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 12:50:37 AM »

So I somehow broke my Sweetle 😔 I contacted Chris and he is such a nice guy he's sending me a new body! He's only like the dopest person alive for that lol its my favorite top and definitely a crowd favorite Thats for sure, due to its big side and impressive spin time. I chose silver and green for this one and I'll post pictures when I get it! I will swear by this top forever because of its i uniqueness in feel, the weight and height and amazing performance, it just has to be gotten used to in order to feel comfortable with it. Peace

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
Re: Just an update
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 10:43:01 AM »

So I somehow broke my Sweetle 😔

Wow, I think you are the first person to do that !  :o ;) 8)

I’m glad to hear you’re getting a new body though  8)

ortwin

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Just an update
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 11:38:17 AM »

So I somehow broke my Sweetle 😔

Wow, I think you are the first person to do that !  :o ;) 8)

I’m glad to hear you’re getting a new body though  8)

Actually just last Saturday at the Marines festival I witnessed a sweetle completely fall apart on stage during the show!
It was this Venezualan (Dibadib??) who does much on that high unicycle. I saw him mending his sweetle a while before he was supposed to go on stage. It was fractured already a bit and he tried to repair it. I gave him my Sweetle for the show, that one survived in good health.

In the broader world of tops, nothing's everything!  —  Jeremy McCreary

Skywalker22

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2023, 01:53:08 PM »

Wow thats crazy man! The sweetle is a tough son of a bi**h that is for sure! I have no idea how mine broke it was spinning fine and fell over idk must have been a freak accident. But I LOVE my Sweetle! The weight, height and feel are perfect in my opinion. and being able to change the bearings to aftermarket ones is sweet, not to mention Chris is such a nice guy.

Skywalker22

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2023, 04:12:46 PM »

Update:
I recieved my new Sweetle in the mail yesterday and its just as amazing as the first one! lol It might actually be smoother spinning than my first one if thats possible. He also sent me a set of yoyofactory bearings to try and I like them, but I still ended up putting my single sided Nylon caged "Aftermarket" bearings in it. I love it! lol

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2023, 12:33:50 PM »

Tip Shape: I my experience, bigger / heavier tops are slow to wirewalk, so are tips with thin necks and wide angles. I wanted to be able to do Zorro and Short Circuit easily with the Sweetle. I also like this shape for regens, I feel like I can get up to speed faster. Some folks my like the feel of a thinner string with the Sweetle tip.

Breakage: Over the last few years, I received a few other reports of PETG Sweetles breaking, usually at the crown. I tweaked the design several times, but eventually I would hear about another break and each report stung my soul. When Devadip broke both of his in early 2023 at Marines, well, those are the last two PETG Sweetles I will ever print or sell. He now has two TPU Sweetles. The switch to TPU was long and difficult for me (user error mostly), but I am finally getting good prints. If you broke a PETG Sweetle, please reach out to me. The body shape changed a little bit at the crown and at the "floor" so the Fixie Nut changed (and grabs way better) but all the rest of the hardware is the same. I am not printing any for stock, each one is made to order.

www.spintopworkshop.com

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2023, 08:29:50 AM »

Great! At one point I predicted that TPU (or flexible in general) was the future of printed tops because, as you say, they are unbreakable. But they can be more difficult and expensive to print. Jose was also offering them but I don't know how well TPU Relampagos sold.

The only thing I don't like about TPU top is the surface friction: when the top hits the floor on the side, it tends to bounce sideways and ran far away.

ortwin

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2023, 08:38:20 AM »

So TPU is a bit flexible? Good to hear!
Now I want to get an impression of the new Sweetles in the available colors.

ortwin

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2023, 02:23:45 AM »

Yes, TPU is flexible to answer my own question.
Devadip wrote to me via WhatsApp about his new Sweetles. He had only good things to say!
Here is the video showing the flexibility.
https://youtube.com/shorts/gr6HdFA7uWM?feature=share

I guess  that white stripe Davadip applied on the equator for protection, good looks and less friction (so it does not roll away that far).
That type of blue is not ma favorite color, hopefully red will also be available at one point.

(I hope Devadip and Chris don't mind that I put the video here without asking them...)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 02:25:52 AM by ortwin »