iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Seriously Though, The Sweetle!  (Read 2302 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Seriously Though, The Sweetle!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2023, 10:44:20 AM »

Putting tape on the equator to lower friction could be a very good idea.

The amount of flexibility not only depends on the hardness of the TPU used but also on the fill factor.

That type of blue is not ma favorite color, hopefully red will also be available at one point.
That sky blue will hopefully become world champion at the FIFA world cup U-20 this Sunday  :)

ortwin

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2023, 05:54:24 PM »

That sky blue will hopefully become world champion at the FIFA world cup U-20 this Sunday  :)

Your hopes will certainly be fulfilled either way: you know, the Italian team is also called "Squadra Azzurri". So there you go!

In the broader world of tops, nothing's everything!  —  Jeremy McCreary

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 07:07:24 PM »

Your hopes will certainly be fulfilled either way: you know, the Italian team is also called "Squadra Azzurri". So there you go!
It's a darker blue and I would prefer the sky blue (la Celeste) wins. But I also hold the other passport, so I cannot lose!  >:D

ortwin

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2023, 01:42:32 AM »

So you have at least three passports? :o
Azzurri refers also to the blue sky in that famous Italian song of I am not mistaken.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2023, 08:09:42 PM »

So you have at least three passports? :o
Azzurri refers also to the blue sky in that famous Italian song of I am not mistaken.
I need to renew my Italian passport, but the other two are valid.
In English there isn't a specific (common) word for our light blue and is commonly called sky blue, while in Spanish it has a specific name, celeste.
So the team is called La Celeste, the same way that the Italian Team is called Gli Azzurri, but their color is darker blue, closer to that of the French team, Les Blues.
This time Das Hellblau dominated!  Hurray!  :) :) :)

Skywalker22

• Hello everyone I Love Spin Tops! lol
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2024, 12:19:50 AM »

Tip Shape: I my experience, bigger / heavier tops are slow to wirewalk, so are tips with thin necks and wide angles. I wanted to be able to do Zorro and Short Circuit easily with the Sweetle. I also like this shape for regens, I feel like I can get up to speed faster. Some folks my like the feel of a thinner string with the Sweetle tip.

Breakage: Over the last few years, I received a few other reports of PETG Sweetles breaking, usually at the crown. I tweaked the design several times, but eventually I would hear about another break and each report stung my soul. When Devadip broke both of his in early 2023 at Marines, well, those are the last two PETG Sweetles I will ever print or sell. He now has two TPU Sweetles. The switch to TPU was long and difficult for me (user error mostly), but I am finally getting good prints. If you broke a PETG Sweetle, please reach out to me. The body shape changed a little bit at the crown and at the "floor" so the Fixie Nut changed (and grabs way better) but all the rest of the hardware is the same. I am not printing any for stock, each one is made to order.

Mr. Chris, u kno im one of the biggest Sweetle advocates lol may I please have another Sweetle body and tip w shim? hmu brother I was thinking about white all white?

www.spintopworkshop.com
"Remember, we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"