iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Help translate a spin-top comment  (Read 3172 times)

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
Help translate a spin-top comment
« on: November 01, 2009, 04:58:18 PM »

hola checa el video( jugando trompo) aqui en youtube.. un saludo desde monterrey mex. aqui se fabrican los trompos cometa

So far I've gotten:

hello Czech the video (playing I spin a top) here in youtube. a greeting from Monterrey mex. here the trompos ones make commits

hi watch me (playing spin) here on youtube .. greetings from monterrey mex. the tops are manufactured here comet

hello Czech the video (playing top) aqui in youtube.. a greeting from monterrey mex. aqui the tops comet are manufactured

I'm guessing that last part says something like "where the tops Trompo Cometa are made, but I can't make out the first part....Does he want me to watch him, or just search for "Jugando Trompo" on youtube?  I'm guessing it has nothing to do with "Czech" .   

There are no trompo videos on this users page.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
Re: Help translate a spin-top comment
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 05:10:16 PM »

"hola checa el video( jugando trompo) aqui en youtube.. un saludo desde monterrey mex. aqui se fabrican los trompos cometa"

It is a bit mexican slag.

Translation.

Hello, watch (checa) the video (playing trompo) in YouTube.. Greetings from Monterrey, Mexico, were the Trompos cometa are made.

Note: "checa must be the 13th definition of the "wach" word in the dictionary.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:01:09 PM »

The enlish verb "to check" is an anglicism very abused and used in spanish language. To check is used instead of to use "Revisar" (review)
So, in this part .."Checa el video" it means "see the video, check the video, review the video, etc.
Here, the word "checa" is used in imperative mode. (giving a commandment or recomendation)
So,
Yo checo     I review
Tù checas    You review
ÈL checa      He reviews
Nosotros checamos   We review
Ustedes checan     You review
Ellos checan           They review

The mexican spanish is very different from spanish spanish (from Spain, I mean)
And too is very defferent (not only in accent) to the colombian, argentinian or uruguay and others american spanish.
By the way, the correct name of this language is Castellano (castillian) not properly spanish, because its origin was in the region of Castilla in Spain.

So, be patient in some topics, because altough Pulp, ta0 and me we are spanish native speakers, sometimes, even, between ourselves we can misunderstand into our own language.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »

Checar es un verbo mexicano.
De donde vengo es chequear:

Yo chequeo
Tu chequeas (vos chequeás  :D)
El chequea
Nosotros chequeamos
Ustedes chequean
Ellos chequean

Ahora Pulp nos va a tratar de enseñar castellano ;D

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 07:11:47 PM »

Juro alianza, a la bandera...

We recited the entire Pledge of Allegience every day in Spanish class.  "Dar me un cerveza" is the only other thing I remember right now...