iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Òrbitas Way of regeneration  (Read 2168 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
Òrbitas Way of regeneration
« on: November 04, 2009, 03:32:28 PM »

Well, I have noticed that some of you have difficulties in master this trick.
The most of people think that the regeneration is given when you do the "vaquita lechera" (milking the cow, I guess) and that`s only true in part.
THe main part of the regeneration is given when you pull the top and this one passes in the front of your face and chest. Is preferible to use a not so long string.
In order you can notice this, try to do orbits/magnetic wires/doubled satellites
try to do them without doing the movement of milking the cow.
By itself, this movement, (milking the cow) is a cuerda.

This trick (orbits) is one of the most complex and completes, it allows you do many variations that by themselves constituite differents ways of regenerations

GIve time and I shall prepare some video explaining these different factors.

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
Re: Òrbitas Way of regeneration
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:43:26 PM »

Thanks Salvador,

I was just watching the Trompo Cometa video on Pulps youtube channel and noticed a difference in the way those players did the trick vs. how Daveid does MW.  The Cometa player was doing just as you said "pulling the top" over his left hand and in front of his face.  What I'm doing at this point looks more like what Daveid and John B. are doing in their videos.  I'll try what you suggested w/out the milk the cow part and see what happens.

About an hour later......

O.K., so I tried it and I notice a big difference in speed.  When I try to do Orbits pulling the top from my left hand, it speeds up a lot and I often land the top into my chest ...think I might end up w/a spin-top mastectomy  :D.  When I try Magnetic Wire, Focusing mainly on the pump or "milk the cow", I don't get much regeneration and it ends up being a trick of balance and finesse, but for now at least I am able to get more reps of MW.  Both are very interesting but in terms of the looks of mine (except for the fact that the top keeps flying off the string) I think I prefer Orbits because they seem to glide faster and keep the top more upright and working a larger pattern.   It will be interesting to see what I end up with in the end.   
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:57:48 PM by SpinQueen »