iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions  (Read 94325 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2019, 03:30:56 PM »

Nice one paxl! I gotta try those regen hammers now  ???

See them exactly as Wheels of fortunes, you need to pull so that there is as Little as possible string when it passes over your hand and then let got of everything until it hit the bottom of the circle... But these are as Jose does them. Ta0 does them differently... like pumping a crazy 8... I never got much out of it... per say.
Spinning is life!!!!

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #301 on: September 11, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »

Really helpful... more efficient than my usual 'trial-and-error after watching a video' approach  ;D

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #302 on: September 11, 2019, 01:09:34 PM »

Really helpful... more efficient than my usual 'trial-and-error after watching a video' approach  ;D

Took me a lot of trial and error to get there :P Watch any freestyle by Jose. He does them one after the other for that reason. it's the same mvmt, except without using two hand... I owe this trick to him ( or his video to be fair :P )

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2019, 05:04:22 AM »

Argggh... I threw too much my Watt on tuesdays, still have a sore finger... I don't know how Ta0 and Cecil does it with their 8 inch + top at intense weight!!!!

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2019, 02:32:37 PM »

Argggh... I threw too much my Watt on tuesdays, still have a sore finger... I don't know how Ta0 and Cecil does it with their 8 inch + top at intense weight!!!!

Man, I now know what you mean. I will share with you what I wrote in the Autograph book after getting Autograph spinning on my hand (as johnm already knows):

"They say to be successful you need to stand on the shoulder of giants. But after throwing this giant top now my shoulder hurts." - Mark Leithead, 2019

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #305 on: September 17, 2019, 03:39:20 PM »

Man, I now know what you mean. I will share with you what I wrote in the Autograph book after getting Autograph spinning on my hand (as johnm already knows):

"They say to be successful you need to stand on the shoulder of giants. But after throwing this giant top now my shoulder hurts." - Mark Leithead, 2019

You just made me laugh a lot :)
Yeah, took roughly 6 days to get rid of my nerve pain... not sure I'll be playing with my watt a lot in the future :)

Anyway, me and my obession with big top..... is gone... I don't want to declare open war to big tops because I know I'll get evicerated on this forum but I'm not sure I'll be caught playing with any of them... My Hornet, My QSH and My custom delrin 3in ( 100gr ) are perfect for me!

That said, yep I've said it... no love for big top for me anymore =)

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2019, 04:11:39 PM »

Haha, nice! Sorry to hear about the nerve pain  :o. Yeah, I'm still trying to find my preferred 'sweet spot' of weight vs. precession (?). Maybe this is a moving target (no pun intended).

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2019, 06:06:48 PM »

Paxi - when I throw my 10.0. Top I’m good for six throws. So when I’m warmed up I’m to beat to throw it. It weighs 3.1 pounds straight tip. I am glad I made a few big tops - the challenge is there but the fun is not. Best top to make is a 3 7/8 trick fighter out of Poplar - solid with Jose large tip. Target - fighting and tricks is the way to go. = FUN.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #308 on: September 17, 2019, 08:22:07 PM »

Haha, nice! Sorry to hear about the nerve pain  :o. Yeah, I'm still trying to find my preferred 'sweet spot' of weight vs. precession (?). Maybe this is a moving target (no pun intended).

In my case, I feel that both spintastic metal are my best top ever l
!!! I remember Jack telling me that getting a QSH was the last fixed tip I'd get. And well I should listen, I bought so many top since then, and the only ones I play with those 2 tops!!!

Nerve pain, well it's my hand plus my technique probably!!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #309 on: September 17, 2019, 08:24:10 PM »

Paxi - when I throw my 10.0. Top I’m good for six throws. So when I’m warmed up I’m to beat to throw it. It weighs 3.1 pounds straight tip. I am glad I made a few big tops - the challenge is there but the fun is not. Best top to make is a 3 7/8 trick fighter out of Poplar - solid with Jose large tip. Target - fighting and tricks is the way to go. = FUN.

You are so much of a warrior... I personally abandon bigger than my 3in delrin!! Too much weight end up hurting me and my other hobbies!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2019, 01:53:40 PM »

Hey y'alls,

I received this in my post box this morning :

It really feels like the end of an era... Those are the last 2 spintastics top I'll receive ever from Mr. Oliver!!! For some reason this has put me down a bit. I kind of am less into top spinning... I still love it a lot but, due to the fact that I don't have any space inside where I don't want to destroy my house.

I won't ramble for long but let's just say, till next time
Cheers
paxl

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2019, 05:10:35 PM »

I have my lathe and drill press outside. I-don’t do tops at this time because of my hips. My hobbies have been trick kites - scuba diving - control line air planes - and tops. Plus wood turning. Life is short have as much fun as possible. I love your style of top throwing - I wish all us top throwers lived in the same area. I think we all have been given a great gift of the child inside - with my bionic hips - when we top fight instead of splitting your top I will vaporize it. You have done great at tops - you will do great at everything. Your top buddy Cecil.

Pepe

• ITSA
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2019, 04:51:20 AM »

Hey y'alls,

I received this in my post box this morning :

It really feels like the end of an era... Those are the last 2 spintastics top I'll receive ever from Mr. Oliver!!! For some reason this has put me down a bit. I kind of am less into top spinning... I still love it a lot but, due to the fact that I don't have any space inside where I don't want to destroy my house.

I won't ramble for long but let's just say, till next time
Cheers
paxl

Is this a goodbye?

I need your tutorials, you are inspiring!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2019, 05:24:39 PM »

Sounds ominous.  You can't leave us now!!!  You are into some great things!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #314 on: November 14, 2019, 04:27:37 PM »

For a better place to put it :

https://youtu.be/5IKAMuuzw08

Sorry for the bad camera angle, was shot with my phone!
Cheers
paxl