iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bearing question  (Read 1955 times)

Spunion

Bearing question
« on: July 27, 2010, 10:18:01 PM »

Well, I was throwing my Bearing King today & it jammed up on me.  Acted like a fixed tip top it did!  I then opened 'er up and swapped out the offending bearing.  I swear, it's like I'm throwing a whole new top - quieter, longer spin times, much more stable.  I mean, I know what a good bearing can do to a yoyo, but in the top it just completely transformed it.

Well, that's nice.

Here's the thing: one of the two bearings is better than the other one & I was wondering if their orientation matters.  In other words, will the top spin better with the better of the two bearings on the bottom or the ...ahem...top?  (Is this why you call them trompos - to avoid this sort of overuse of the word 'top'?  :P)  Or is it analogous to a chain being only as strong as its weakest link - the top will spin only as well as the worse of the two bearings will allow?  I put the better one on top, my reasoning being that in my case the bottom bearing was the one that went bad, so if the bottom bearing was at greater risk for whatever reason I wanted the better one protected.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Re: Bearing question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 01:47:24 AM »

Never gave much thought to it but I think it's cool that you do   :D  How ever you arrange it, impact will most likely get it out of whack again at some point, so I don't spend much time on it.  The Duncan bearing system is a little loosey goosey.