iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: From France.  (Read 4569 times)

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
From France.
« on: May 25, 2010, 07:14:41 AM »

Hello, i'm Thomas, from France, i am 22years old, and now practicing the spintop for 3 weeks.

I just discover this passion thanks to another one, YOYO.I am a member of FYYA (france yoyo association) that make me meet some great guys in yoyo , and spintop . I will talk here about Spintop. I just had the wish to practice spintop thanks to "Jim in paris" and his friend Lapin (who is not on the forum i think)

i meet them a few times and each time i just meet them they were practicing more tops than yoyo, and looking at them i was... Damned this stuff is kinda cool, and not so much ppl are playing it that's crazy !!

Then i had the chance to test a few low spin tops, and could'nt do anything with it... Later, i just made an order on SpinTastic, and recieve my first tops... Gladiator and blizzar and i just started to learn how to throw and some figures with what i remembered of Jim and lapin.. in one day i was able to do some good tricks like cokscrew (not perfect but it was satisfizin for me ^^)... and damned now i can't imagine to do a day without lauching y tops.

I take contact with Maurizio (MrYo) (i meet his name on internet when i done some search about spintops) and he learned me some stuff about weight distribution shapes and stuff like that,, and present me his work... that was incredible, he just recieve me like if i was a friend of him and i was a unknow guy for him, that was a great communication... Later i could  test his tops thanks to Jim and i found the tops really good...

Now i m just waiting for a new run to go forward on my skills and be better than i would like to be ^^

I m just practicing with the gladiator fixed tip cause i lost the blizzard tip on the grass this weekend i was soooooooo upset... couldn't find it back ><

I hope i will learn lot of stuff here and meet and discover some great guys as Jim and Maurizio.

Thanks

Tomy.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: From France.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:01:01 AM »

Great to have you here, Tomy!

I am very glad to see the spintop scene in France expanding. I visited Jim and Lapin exactly an year ago and they were fantastic hosts. We did an amazing number of spintop related activities in just a few days. Lapin is a registered member of this board but has posted very few times.

Jim is very much into bearing play but I suggest you also work on fixed tip from the beginning. The gladiator is a very good beginner top. If you get a Cuper 360 aluminum top it will be a great top to further your game.

La toupie is a lot of fun. Welcome to the sport!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:24:22 AM »

Yes, it is great to have you with us Tomymoonly!!!  Just 2 1/2 years ago I was also in Paris.  What a fascinating city.  This great city deserves more top spinners.  I am glad you are responding to the challenge.

It was a pleasure for me to meet Jim and Lapin and the rest of the crew.  They are, indeed, great spinning friends to have.  Thanks to the internet, you now have many more spinning friends.  We look forward to hearing of your progress.

Where do you live in France?  My dream is to someday get back there.  Maybe I will get to meet you one day?
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 11:02:10 AM »

Live close to Romanée conti the most expansiv wine of the world, it's in Burgundy THE Wine country, but also one of the most expansiv country for the wine ^^.

It's a great place to be, but i used to travel all over the world and i like it so next travel i ll see if i can meet sombody ;)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 11:33:09 AM »

Burgundy (Bourgogne)?  Philippe lives there (Sigy le Chatel)!

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »

ya burgundy is bourgogne ;)

Sigy le Châtel is close to my town, less than an hour.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:01:43 PM by Tomymoonly »

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »

Welcome to the forum Tomymoony, we're all pretty friendly here, so if you have any questions, please ask.

There are many videos here on the forum, if you want to see some more tricks. Look in the threads to find them.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 01:20:22 PM »

Tomymoonly, you are within an hour of Sigy le Chatel?  Wow!  I am extremely jealous.  That is like being within an hour of Alan Gray here in the US!!!

You have got to make the visit to Philippe and tell us all about it.

This talk makes me even more frustrated about not being able to go to the big Flatlands event with all the top spinners in early June.  Thank goodness ta0 and I have an alternative plan.  We will whoop it up in San Antonio and try to keep up with all the Flatlands festivities!!!

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »

Welcome!
Erratic Wobbler

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 02:59:55 PM »

maybe u ll think that i am an heretic, but who is phillipe? never heard about him...

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »

He is a poet of wood:

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 04:31:20 PM »

oO ok i already saw this video ;) he is a realy nice artist !

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 04:17:25 PM »

I take contact with Maurizio (MrYo) (i meet his name on internet when i done some search about spintops) and he learned me some stuff about weight distribution shapes and stuff like that,, and present me his work... that was incredible, he just recieve me like if i was a friend of him and i was a unknow guy for him, that was a great communication... Later i could  test his tops thanks to Jim and i found the tops really good...

I hope i will learn lot of stuff here and meet and discover some great guys as Jim and Maurizio.

:-[ like to give a little help to you  ;)

maurizio