iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ITSA Membership auto renewal  (Read 5077 times)

ortwin

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: ITSA Membership auto renewal
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2023, 02:03:07 AM »

Hope that the auto renewal that I just subscribed to is working. It seems no information about that shows in the profile or anywhere.
Anyways, save the money for sending me a patch, I guess I am not so much into patches. ;)

In the broader world of tops, nothing's everything!  —  Jeremy McCreary

ortwin

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2023, 02:59:28 PM »

A second look at the patch makes me wonder ........ is that string supposed to run between the index finger and the middle finger? For me it is most of the times between middle finger and ring finger. Maybe that is just an "artistic interpretation" or since there are so many ways to throw a top correctly it might also just be a different technique that I am not familiar with.

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2023, 04:19:44 PM »

A second look at the patch makes me wonder ........ is that string supposed to run between the index finger and the middle finger? For me it is most of the times between middle finger and ring finger. Maybe that is just an "artistic interpretation" or since there are so many ways to throw a top correctly it might also just be a different technique that I am not familiar with.

I went for so long with the string between those two fingers, mainly because I originally learned to throw a top without using a button(I would wind the string around my index finger a few times). Then when I started to get serious about doing tricks I found a video by a certain mr Pulpowsky about snapstarts. He said he had seen better results with snapstarts from players who had the string between their ring finger and index finger  :P, so I just decided to completely switch over to that. It took a while but now I’ve become uncomfortable with the button behind my other two fingers.  ::)

The new green patches are finally here! There was an extra delay due to the Chinese new year (yeah, they are made over there).

I completely forgot about patches! Thanks for the update! They look pretty cool.  8)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2023, 12:02:09 PM »

A second look at the patch makes me wonder ........ is that string supposed to run between the index finger and the middle finger?

Here is a thread with a poll on the subject: Button Placement.
Every variation is possible. Koma players usually place the knot between the pinky and the ring finger.
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up