iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Announcing the 2021 ITSA General Assembly  (Read 1113 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Announcing the 2021 ITSA General Assembly
« on: December 09, 2021, 02:42:20 PM »

The 7th ITSA's annual virtual assembly will take place from this Saturday December 11th until Sunday December 19th. 

If you are a full ITSA member you will be able make proposals, vote and even run for office. Under your forum avatar it should say "ITSA" if your dues are paid for this year.
If not, you still have time to renew/join and your membership will be valid for the rest of this year and all of next year (https://spintops.org/membership/). Membership is required to compete in the World Contest. You will also get a embroidered patch.

I will create a specific board for the assembly on the forum that will be visible to current ITSA members so they can participate and vote (after the assembly is over it will be visible to any forum member logged in).

Last year two directors were elected, Pepe and Taka. As the director positions last 2 years, the other three positions are up for vote. I'm planning not to run again as Treasurer, unless no other candidates are found. As ITSA is incorporated as a non profit in the USA (Texas) we probably need a US candidate for this position. Jim has also said he plans to not continue as Chairman. After being running the association for 7 years, I think it's time for new blood. Nominations can be made the first two days of the assembly. Please, contact me with any questions.

We will also discuss the ITSA budget, Worlds, future activities to sponsor, and anything else related to the goals stated on the bylaws:

The purpose of the International Top Spinners Association, referred as ITSA, is to promote the sport, game, art and hobby of playing with spinning tops, a universal toy.
        To accomplish this goal it will:
         A. Facilitate the interaction of enthusiasts from around the world, by organizing contests, workshops and events.
         B. Serve as a repository of the different traditions.
         C. Teach new generations of players.

The bylaws can be downloaded here: http://spintops.org/public-docs/ITSA_bylaws.pdf

I hope to "see" you all there!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: Announcing the 2021 ITSA General Assembly
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 03:02:31 AM »

salut Jorge
dear members

the future of ITSA is in your hands

jim (ex chairman)