iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: meanwhile… Police interrups gasing game  (Read 767 times)

ajerichos

meanwhile… Police interrups gasing game
« on: November 07, 2021, 01:50:54 AM »

in case you didnt know….or want to know….

this is what happend in Indonesia, Lombok year ago. Police officer disband the crowd and confiscate the gasing they use because it annoyed the neighborhood. despite because pandemic situation, it is because they yelling all night long…and it is illegal to organized every gambling activity without permission in Indonesia. no one in prison there…I just hope no one going to prison because spintop.
https://www.kabarsumbawa.com/2020/05/13/tim-gabungan-bubarkan-judi-gasing-di-janapria/

and then a couple month ago, head of the district police in Bali try to urging people to not input gambling in battle to keep neighborhood in condition. Or maybe it is just to much to handle…
https://lenteraesai.id/2021/09/09/polisi-imbau-permainan-gangsing-dapat-dilestarikan-namun-tidak-dipakai-judi/

Lombok to Bali is 5 hour trip by car including accros the sea with ferry ship. What the Government in Bali says will be hear and impact in Lombok, and vice versa.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 08:52:23 AM by ta0 »

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
Re: meanwhile…
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 02:02:07 AM »

:-[

ajerichos

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 05:42:04 AM »

oops sorry i forgot.
this is my first post in this forum so I must say Hello to anyone…

have a good day!
 :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 08:49:58 AM »

Wow!  :o

I used Google Translate with some guessing on my part.

From the first article:
The players were made to run away, then the personnel immediately secured some evidence in the form of gasing etc.
From the gambling location, we managed to secure 30 gasing tops with details, 16 target tops and 14 strike tops along with 15 ropes, 6 backpacks and 1 cloth bag, but the players managed to escape," said the Janapria Police Chief.

:'(

The article from Bali is more hopeful:
. . . Seeing this incident, AKP Swaandra had to ensure that the gasing games played by the children did not contain elements of gambling.
With a caring approach, conversations ensued between the police chief and the children, so that later the picture was obtained that they played the gasing game as a time filler and entertainment.
Since the gasing game is now relatively rare in the community, the Swandra Police Chief proudly hopes that the traditional game can be maintained or preserved.

I think that tourism could help keep the gasing tradition acceptable by authorities. I for one, would like to visit when the covid situation is fixed. 

ajerichos

Re: meanwhile… Police interrups gasing game
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 01:38:24 PM »

thank you Mr. Jorge for your translation it is really good and helpfull. 
sorry for my bad english.

for local community at Lesser Sunda Island Part, that want to enjoyingly play everyday without worried for anything, it still have a looong way to go…

AFAIK stadium for battle gasing in Indonesia only at Riau, Sumatera Island which is 5 hours (10 hours if transit) flight from Bali.
my memory seems hazy….maybe another one gasing stadium at Kalimantan (Borneo)….

don’t ask me about detail because I don’t remember all picture at the local gasing book  ;D

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 03:12:44 PM »

Fighting tops for money? Sounds Fun to me.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 08:55:44 PM »

It makes me smile to think about police having to be called to stop too much spin top action!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 12:32:41 AM »

salut Ajerichos

thanks for the information,
if I understand clearly :

Playing Gasing / Battle + Competition + Gambling (winning and losing) = Noise and Trouble

well , as you suggested maybe it is just too much to handle…
it's easier to send a police car and to ban gasing than to make this important cultural tradition live and continue to get people together in harmony

keep us informed , we might be able to help denounce this repressive attitude

jim BOEHM (ITSA chairman)
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ajerichos

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 07:12:36 AM »

yes the main thing here just it is illegal to play any gambling related thing without permission even inside house when there are only few people involved.
the people know it is wrong so they run away when police come.
it is not a big crime, just like a car driver violating traffic rules.
off course it will be too much to handle for the police when everyone in neighbourhood playing it everyday. so the head district police try to be more persuasive without losing any tradition.

I don’t know…
maybe in the future there will be a cage fight like UFC or WWF or maybe the association will be like equestrian horse racing or velodrome bicycle racing which is very gambling related…but with spintop…

ajerichos

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2021, 01:23:41 PM »

uh sorry I forget to add one more link at first post about local resident started to feel annoyed about yelling all night long.
it happen at South Sulawesi Island.

https://www.infosiar.com/news/marak-di-sidrap-judi-berkedok-permainan-gasing-kemana-petugas/

this is translate from google with some adding note from me.
Like what happened in one area in Dua Pitue Subdistrict, Sidrap, South Sulawesi, the activity of top gambling has re-emerged, so this has disturbed a number of residents, especially those around the location.  According to a number of residents who were met separately in the area, Wednesday (10/3/2021) said that the traditional game was no longer used as a public entertainment event which is usually held at rice harvest parties, but had changed its function into a gambling arena.

"Participants are required to deposit funds to the competition organizers as betting funds with amounts varying between RP150,000 (USD11) to RP300,000 (USD21) each time they play," said a number of residents who asked not to be named.  He said the gambling activities under the guise of the traditional top game, took place almost every night which was also attended by a number of participants from outside the Sidrap area, so that the public questioned where the security forces in this area were?

"We hope that the officers immediately intervene to anticipate things before things happen, because the community is disturbed by the screams of the participants, which numbered between 100 and 200 people, and not including the other spectators," said a resident who was disturbed.

I realise a lot of reporter of course not a top person…
media always write opinion about safe the tradition or to teach something to kid when talking about gasing.