iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The complete video of Gus  (Read 5450 times)

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
The complete video of Gus
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:51:53 AM »

The complete video of Gus.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:14:55 AM by Pulp »
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Re: The complete video of Gus
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:55:55 AM »

Thanks Pulp!
Erratic Wobbler

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:06:15 AM »

When we first saw this video we were not yet very familiar with the Mexican style of play. It completely blew our minds! It still does. For me it had the same impact as seeing the freestyling of Herman Lau when I could barely do a trapeze. When I sent it to Dale Oliver he said: "the best I have ever seen!" When Jon Gates posted a copy (with his own music selection  :D ) he titled it "King Gus."

The demo happened at the Mexican Yo-Yo Winter Games of 2007. The idea started with a conversation I had with Isaac Kanarek, the president of the Mexican Yo-Yo Association, while waiting for the rides to the airport at the end of worlds in Orlando. Isaac was lamenting that the Mexican yo-yo players were not yet good enough to medal at the world level. I told him that he should bring trompo players, that they probably had the best ones in the world together with Colombia (we were already familiar with them). He liked the idea. He tried to organize a national spintop contest to go together with the Mexican nats and the winter contest was the first test.  He contacted the Mexican pros (including Gerardo) but found very little interest in his amateur contest format. Well, he did get Gustavo interest. Only one more guy registered but probably got scared when he saw the competition and quit, so Gustavo ended up just doing a demo. Gustavo told me on a long phone conversation that he arrived to the contest late and tired, coming from a soccer game, had not time to change and the demo was a little sloppy!  :o

Very unfortunately, Gustavo and Isaac had a big and ugly argument and split apart. There was never a spintop contest at the Mexican nats. Isaac took down the video from youtube and asked Jon and me to do the same when we posted copies.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:22:26 AM by ta0 »

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:22:52 AM »

this is the first time i've seen this video. amazing.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »

He plays soccer in jeans?   :o

Many thanks for re-posting the full version, it gives us lots of homework!
Those high tosses are amazing!  Especially with a plastic snap cap!  I started practicing some tosses when it warmed up outside, I've been doing it "Columbian" style, both ends of string in the trow hand, other hand in the middle of the strings, and chuck it.  Great for straight points, not-so-great for spade (can't think of a simple name) points like we like to use.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 10:41:11 AM »

He plays soccer in jeans?   :o
He probably meant change back to shorts.  ;D

When I mentioned to him that it would be great if he could come to compete at worlds he said something like: "I haven't really practiced in years. Most of what I currently do are just simple tricks for kids when I sell tops. If I went to a contest like that I would have to practice for several months . . . "

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 11:04:03 AM »

Bad New.

YouTube did send to me a post saying:

"Estimado/a Pulpowsky:

Es posible que el contenido o la licencia de tu vídeo Gus "The King" pertenezcan a UMG.

No es necesario que realices ninguna acción; sin embargo, si estás interesado en saber cómo afecta esto a tu vídeo, visita la sección Coincidencias de ID de contenido de tu cuenta para obtener más información.

Sincerely,
- El equipo de YouTube"

So that, I cannot upload it to YouTube. If somebody wants the video, please write me a private message.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 11:54:31 AM »

Who is UMG?  And why do they care?

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »

It is possible that the content or the license of your video Gus "The King" belonging to UMG.

Need not perform any action, but if you're interested in knowing how this affects your video, visit ID Matches section of your account content for more information.
I think UMG is Universal Music Group, and they are only complaining about the song used?

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »

AHHHH!!!! no juegues, pulpowsky.....por esa simple y sencilla cuestiòn no es trascendente para que lo quites.!!!!!

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 05:13:02 PM »

Maybe the problem is the background music.

I'll try to upload again tomorrow. And the time will speak.

I have some of your videos Salvador, can I upload it too?

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 10:06:21 PM »

No tengo ningún inconveniente en que los pongas de nuevo en youtube,  sólo que me gustaría que los pongas completos, sin mutilarles los mensajes iniciales que les pongo al principio.

He querido desde hace bastante tiempo, mensajear en tu foro, pero desactivaste mi cuenta, pues no me acepta mi contraseña.
Salva.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 05:16:42 AM »

The Gustavo Castro's video exhibition is yet available again. Desoundiced to avoid trowbles with the records company of the background music.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 05:18:49 AM »

No tengo ningún inconveniente en que los pongas de nuevo en youtube,  sólo que me gustaría que los pongas completos, sin mutilarles los mensajes iniciales que les pongo al principio.

He querido desde hace bastante tiempo, mensajear en tu foro, pero desactivaste mi cuenta, pues no me acepta mi contraseña.
Salva.

- I publish up all the videos I have got, but this may take some time.
- I check your profile into the spanish forum and it is OK. No changes were done.