iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Don't you hate it when you forget how to do a trick?  (Read 3068 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Don't you hate it when you forget how to do a trick?
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:48:21 PM »

This must happen to other players too. It has happened to me many times. I learn a trick and can do it at least somewhat proficiently for a long time. But one day I just cannot do it, as much as I try.  And it has happened to me even with tricks I created  :o Even if I can watch videos of myself doing it . . . It is the most frustrating thing!

For example, yesterday I could not do half-orbits, a trick I learned over an year ago. It took me a while today to get it back. And now I need to "remember" how to do the upside-down corkscrew . . .  :'(

The good thing about these lapses is that many times it helps me realize that something I did automatically is important or learn something else about the trick so at the end I do the trick better. But it is so damn frustrating!

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
Re: Don't you hate it when you forget how to do a trick?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:31:31 PM »

I wish I knew. I don't know enough tricks to forget!

After talking to yo-yoers that have attained a certain level of trick proficiency, they too forget tricks from time to time. It's all part of the process of growing as a player. But that doesn't change the fact that it's frustrating, I'm sure.

John Buechele

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 03:12:42 AM »

After spinning for about a year, I took a week off and then it took me another week just to remember how to throw a boomerang. It was one of the most frustrating things ever.

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 06:45:18 AM »

This happens often with yoyo tricks, one day someone decide to disappear! With top is more difficult i'm learning how to throw correctly  :D

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 06:30:26 PM »

yes. It`s very frustarting and it demonstrates that when oneself believes that has got very dominated the trick, it results taht too much trust in oneself, sometimes fails.