iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Gemini Gyro  (Read 1029 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Gemini Gyro
« on: August 11, 2019, 12:52:34 AM »

[split from the 2019 World Spintop Thread]

I made it home and have a lot of stories and things to talk about but there is one big item of business that I need to address first of all.  Mark Hayward texted me to ask if I left a Gemini Gyro on the table in the top room because some people there are saying it is worth $400....maybe $500.  He might have literally nearly choked to death when I told him I had like a dozen there and gave them all away.  So, if you got a Gemini Gyro.....congratulations and keep an eye on it.  I give you permission to try to get some good cash from it!!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:48:31 PM by ta0 »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Gemini Gyro
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 08:26:05 AM »

Mark Hayward texted me to ask if I left a Gemini Gyro on the table in the top room because some people there are saying it is worth $400....maybe $500.  He might have literally nearly choked to death when I told him I had like a dozen there and gave them all away.  So, if you got a Gemini Gyro.....congratulations and keep an eye on it.  I give you permission to try to get some good cash from it!!!
I brought down 4 of them to the ballroom to put on a table for people to take. Taka saw me and immediately asked if I was selling them. I told them they were free and he took them all. I didn't keep any! I left at least one in the room but now it's closed. It may end up in the trash.

Edit: Got the room unlocked but it is not there. Although the room hadn't been cleaned, neither were a couple of loose Tuff yo-yo, so I'm guesing whoever of the hotel closed the room took them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:37:00 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 11:07:06 PM »

Kyo gave me the details of what happened while we were waiting to go to the airport. They got to the Severance room after I left and Hayward took the gyro. They joked that it could be valuable. Later Mark was trying to reassemble the package (the reason I left it was that I couldn't) when someone from Japan (I think he said Hironori Mii, but perhaps it was somebody else) saw him and, without any prompt, asked him why he was opening such an expensive toy. Mark went online and found a listing, probably this one:

I guess the big deal is that it is a yo-yo brand, Yomega, it can work as a yo-yo and few were sold. I don't collect gyros, but considering that it also works as a top it's strange that I didn't keep any. I guess I didn't want more junk  :D :D :D :'(

The bottom print mentions the Yo-Yo Times:

I cannot believe I did not even try them, even though it says that it works also as a top. I must have been too busy and excited with all that was going on.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 10:55:49 AM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 11:17:03 PM »

This is another classic story from a yoyo/top gathering.  Thanks for filling us in on this.  I am glad Taka got four of them!!!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:19:19 PM by the Earl of Whirl »