iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New short TV documentary on Salvador  (Read 2304 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
New short TV documentary on Salvador
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:39:14 PM »

A segment from TV Azteca (Al Extremo) recorded a year ago (January 2016). Salvador tells me it was shown in the US (!) in February and in Mexico in November. Unfortunately, they got his last name completely wrong!

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:43:58 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: New short TV documentary on Salvador
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:54:45 PM »

Very interesting.  I would love to have some of what he is saying translated to English.  Goodle Translate cannot help me at all with this!!!

I was very impressed with his special shoes and the padding.  I have one of his broken tops in the hall of fame but I am thinking I may need a pair of those specially padded shoes.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »

Very interesting.  I would love to have some of what he is saying translated to English.  Goodle Translate cannot help me at all with this!!!

It starts saying that he finished the studies in journalism and he speaks six languages. They next show him switching between 6, but they repeat Italian and don't show French. They may have also repeated Nahuatl, I am not sure. At the very beginning of the video (with the bleeping) I cannot understand if he is speaking Spanish or an indigenous language. I know he speaks Spanish, English, Italian, French, Nahuatl and studied others like Slovak, Russian and Chinese plus Latin. Without counting Mexican Spanish  :P If you freeze the video at 9:00, he is reading a book he found at Ludo's: Petite Méthaphysique de Jouets.

The clip continues saying that in spite of his studies, he finds the streets the best way of earning money . . . He take cares of every detail of his looks . . . He counts 20 seconds during the red traffic light . . . Combines "dominadas" (soccer tricks) and more than 200 tricks with the top . . . Leaves his public amazed . . .  He makes enough money for his needs, including maintaining his family (wife and daughter). He says he makes between 80 and 100 pesos ($5) an hour but I am sure he is not disclosing the real amount.  . . .  He says he was 3rd in a world contest in the US and that thanks to the top he visited other countries . . . Describes the shoes as a working tool . . . He has been performing on the streets for 14 years and he wouldn't change his way of life . . . He finds there everything he needs to be happy.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 02:04:17 PM »

Pedro Sanchez
aka
Salvador Martinez
aka
Mange Ta Soupe