iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jack's "Grade "EH" String" (now dead thx to photobucket)  (Read 107198 times)

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: jack..........purveyor of neon top string since about 2 hrs ago @-@
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 01:13:44 PM »

They look GREAT Jack. I would like to see one at 1/4 diamenter X 14 feet doing long wire walkers with your new big top. I have found out that a lot of strings wont do wire walkers both ways. And what I'm looking for is # 48 (.103) diamenter X 13 feet. That might be the perfect line for 3 3/4 diamenter top. Making tops - lines - TRICKS = = = FUN.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 01:40:03 PM »

"grade "EH" string"  ;D
It is the perfect name.
Cool strings, Jack. Have you considered coating them with maple syrup?
I almost fell from my chair!

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 08:58:26 PM »

Dear Jack,

Your string certainly is beautiful! Haha! Unfortunately, it still is hard to see when you perform tricks, but I imagine under the right conditions, with appropriate lighting, it would be easier to see. Have you considered a thicker string? Would that have any advantages? I imagine it might be a little easier to see.

Thank you,

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 11:08:22 PM »

ive come up with a name for my strings  ;D

"grade "EH" string"  ;D

huh what ya think eh? eeeehhh?  ;D
Great tricks, Jack, and a good choice of background music. I've never done a thrown top trick in my life, but I'd say that string works pretty darned well.

Now on to a more delicate matter: When we were in Alberta two summers ago, we were told quite emphatically that Canadians don't say "eh" anymore. So are you really a Canadian, or were those Canadians just messing with a pair of American tourists who didn't know any better? (Personally, I think "eh" serves a useful purpose. American English could use something like it, no?)

Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 11:25:53 PM »

Dear Jeremy McCreary,

You are being witty, right? Yes? Hmmm? No? Left? Eh? A? E? I? O? U?

Thank you for making my day!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 11:05:58 AM »

They look GREAT Jack. I would like to see one at 1/4 diamenter X 14 feet doing long wire walkers with your new big top. I have found out that a lot of strings wont do wire walkers both ways. And what I'm looking for is # 48 (.103) diamenter X 13 feet. That might be the perfect line for 3 3/4 diamenter top. Making tops - lines - TRICKS = = = FUN.

thanks cecil  8)
ill give the 1/4'' line a whack praying it doesnt bend my coathanger hooks lol!!!

"grade "EH" string"  ;D
It is the perfect name.

thanks kirk  ;D

Dear Jack,

Your string certainly is beautiful! Haha! Unfortunately, it still is hard to see when you perform tricks, but I imagine under the right conditions, with appropriate lighting, it would be easier to see. Have you considered a thicker string? Would that have any advantages? I imagine it might be a little easier to see.

Thank you,

thank you sir. ya win some loose some, ur probably right about the lighting which im gonna try to work on  ;)
ya i made some thicker line but it doesnt work very well with the c tip unfortunately  :-\

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 11:14:47 AM »

[
Great tricks, Jack, and a good choice of background music. I've never done a thrown top trick in my life, but I'd say that string works pretty darned well.

Now on to a more delicate matter: When we were in Alberta two summers ago, we were told quite emphatically that Canadians don't say "eh" anymore. So are you really a Canadian, or were those Canadians just messing with a pair of American tourists who didn't know any better? (Personally, I think "eh" serves a useful purpose. American English could use something like it, no?)

thanks jeremy!!!

oh more delicate than you might think  :P im sorry to say budd.....they were having a laugh  :'(
the usage of "EH" might not be as common amongst like higher class businessmen lets say, but in canada ud be hard pressed to go a day without hearing the word........."EH"  ;D

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »

i liked the way the 3 strand pink to one strand black turned out the other day.......so i made 21 more feet last night @-@

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Jack's "Grade "EH" String"
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2016, 02:05:34 PM »

I just noticed how tightly laid the strands are. Truly Grade Eh!

Unfortunately, it still is hard to see when you perform tricks,
At work where we have fast internet that will show the full HD video it shows up quite well.  It is hard for me to see at home with a cheap, lame internet connection. 

Nocto

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 02:22:07 PM »

i liked the way the 3 strand pink to one strand black turned out the other day.......so i made 21 more feet last night @-@

Good choice. Pink/Black was my favourite too.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:05:09 PM by ta0 »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 06:37:15 PM »

Good choice. Pink/Black was my favourite too.

great minds think alike  ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:05:31 PM by ta0 »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 06:42:22 PM »

ran off another another 36 ft. of this 4 ply orange, much like sunkist fruit gems.....it is delicious @-@

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 03:29:16 AM »

Dear Jack,

That makes me thirsty for some orange juice... LOL! Thank you for the pictures! Good Luck with the lighting... Visible yoyo strings really seem to be a problem, what with Chris making UV strings... I might just have to do something about this!

I love seeing you guys make stuff! It is remarkable and inspiring! I might just make some string of my own!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 05:17:53 PM »

well this is a 4 ply 3 strand per ply specimen i just got done. i was skeptical at the onset that this would end up smooth and not bumby on account of there being only 3 strands per ply and not 2 or 4, but the result was phenominal. im not sure if ill like this better than the 2 strand per ply ive been doing or if its gonna work well with my QSH, i guess ill know more after a day or 2, but it looks great appearence wise at least........we shall see @-@
this is a 17ft. line btw

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2016, 02:50:29 PM »

I prefer the 2x4 for most tops but the 3x4 lets you throw harder.  Great for beginners having trouble with the Giulia.