iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: what are these called???  (Read 5107 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
what are these called???
« on: April 13, 2016, 04:29:39 PM »

whats it called when you back and forth between front rollercoaster and behind the back trapeze??? its not quite a joker choker because the top makes a full revolution when its behind the back  :P

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: what are these called???
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:49:20 PM »

I don't think they have a name. As you realize, on the back trapeze you are not regenerating so I am guessing that the whole trick does not regenerate. Thus, back-and-forth roller coasters is a preferable trick.

By the way, if you watch old videos of Steve Brown, he used to catch the back trapeze with the tip pointing back, like you do there.

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:04:25 AM »

I think it should be regenerating if you add a bit of drumbeat behind the back  ;)

ta0: He is catching the top behind the back with right direction (tip is pointing front...or "to his back"), it seems to me like only good option. If the tip is pointing the other side top is slowing down.

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 02:55:17 AM »

What ever it is I can't do it. But it would look better with a ten inch top.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »

ta0: He is catching the top behind the back with right direction (tip is pointing front...or "to his back"), it seems to me like only good option. If the tip is pointing the other side top is slowing down.
If you look carefully at the video, I think he is catching the top pointing the other way (tip pointing backwards, "away from his back"). That is why he needs to wait a full revolution to catch it the right way on the front using a sewing machine catch.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 11:12:32 AM »

I think it should be regenerating if you add a bit of drumbeat behind the back  ;)

If you look carefully at the video, I think he is catching the top pointing the other way (tip pointing backwards, "away from his back"). That is why he needs to wait a full revolution to catch it the right way on the front using a sewing machine catch.

theres only one way to find out.............gopro  ;D
i shall be back soon with pov footage friendorinos!!!!!  ;)

But it would look better with a ten inch top.

this is true  >:D

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 01:32:08 PM »

oh yeah lords of spin i beseach thee!!! please forgive my insolence in making a video that will prove which way the tip is facing apon back trapezing all the while exibiting a mini freestyle while accidentally showcasing yet a small bit of my beard at the
bottom of the screen........ ;D

top used: QSH fixed ("C" tip)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 01:59:37 PM »

Jakub was right! You tricked me with your description: you are waiting not one full revolution but one-and-a-half revolutions!
Then I will call them: lazy front-and-back joker choker  ;D

Around 2007 I showed the all behind-the-back joker chokers to Dave Bazan and he told me he did joker choker alternating front and behind the back catches. For my 2009 freestyle I was planing to do both but finally I only did the front and back, which is the same as yours but only letting the top precess half a revolution like in normal joker choker.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 07:14:11 PM »

Jakub was right! You tricked me with your description: you are waiting not one full revolution but one-and-a-half revolutions!
Then I will call them: lazy front-and-back joker choker  ;D

Around 2007 I showed the all behind-the-back joker chokers to Dave Bazan and he told me he did joker choker alternating front and behind the back catches. For my 2009 freestyle I was planing to do both but finally I only did the front and back, which is the same as yours but only letting the top precess half a revolution like in normal joker choker.

math and myself we......well we had a falling out along time ago :(  ;D
the way you did it in 09 is too fast for me  :-X i literally freeze up.........i must train more @-@
also i cant seem to catch a roller coaster behind my back for some reason  :-\ it just seams to not wrap around or something, i want to be able to do them so baaaaaadly  :'(