iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Malaysian Gasing Rulebook  (Read 2821 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Malaysian Gasing Rulebook
« on: July 18, 2015, 05:19:04 PM »

I had promised a long time ago that I was going to upload this rulebook, but I kept misplacing it. Today I was going through some of my spintop literature when I found it, so before I lost it again I took pictures of it.

The booklet starts with specifications for the tops:

There are also dimensions for the court and rules for team, doubles and single play. You can see the rest by going to the Papyrus section on my site (www.ta0.com/papyrus/papyrus.html) and clicking on the book cover.

johnm

• Ultrahero member
Re: Malaysian Gasing Rulebook
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 08:15:16 PM »

Very informative.  Thank you for taking the time to digitize the document and post it.  This will help make all those videos a bit more understandable and even more enjoyable because now we can understand why play was stopped etc.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 09:16:58 PM »

oh my gaaaaaaawd i love you ta0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 03:41:24 PM »

The same design of the playing court:

can clearly be seen on this frame capture from a video found by Johnm:

Other videos show a little simpler court, with only one target circle (what is required to play).
There are several videos on John's old thread that make much more sense after reading the rulebook. For example, this set seems to have ended in a tie after the 4 tops of each team were still spinning after 2 minutes: