iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: a cultural gem  (Read 2342 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
a cultural gem
« on: May 28, 2014, 12:46:14 AM »

found this video, poor quality, sideways for the first half but never the less an important documentation i feel it having come from a place where the top is alive and well in mass, i wish i could understand what they say  :'(

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:35:13 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: a cultural gem
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:50:35 AM »

Ha!  They speak so fast that even I have trouble with the Spanish (specially when the rapper-at-heart starts to talk about sexual exploits   ::) ).

I am guessing from the accent that they are from The Dominican Republic, but I may be wrong. As a document of authentic top play it is nice.

I am old enough to remember the pre Betamax days, when very few people made home videos (in super 8 film). We have come a long way!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 12:23:07 PM »

Ha!  They speak so fast that even I have trouble with the Spanish (specially when the rapper-at-heart starts to talk about sexual exploits   ::) ).

I am guessing from the accent that they are from The Dominican Republic, but I may be wrong. As a document of authentic top play it is nice.

lol so thats what he was talking about   :o lol.

I am old enough to remember the pre Betamax days, when very few people made home videos (in super 8 film). We have come a long way!

in that case u 2 are an important document yourself lol!!!!!
i wish theyd upload more vids but i think its unlikely  :'(
watching vids like that is like stepping back in time in north american history top play was more prevalent, i actually found out a friend of my sister hes 40 something and when i was giving my niece a top he knew exactly what it was and it turns out just 30 or so years ago here in toronto they were still common and he was well accuainted with them  :o i would have though it would have been longer ago  :-X

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 09:51:40 PM »

Ha!  Coloring their tops with magic markers!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!