iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: salvador trompos suicide  (Read 2938 times)

Ludo

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
salvador trompos suicide
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:15:33 PM »

more hight bye ludo

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
Re: salvador trompos suicide
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 06:06:06 PM »

Ah!
Almost two years not throwing standard size mexican tops (I ain´t too much used to play with them, even less to much used to throw high suicides with them. I actually don´t throw too many very high suicides currently).
Last time I played often with this size of tops, was September 2012 in England, practicing every day with them.

It was not bad after all!
Thanks by the video to my friend Ludo!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:19:18 PM by Ketzaltlipoka »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 02:45:43 AM »

i tried that one time.......it ended with a broken lug on a blizzard lol that being said thats really impressive @-@

Ah!
Almost two years not throwing standard size mexican tops (I ain´t too much used to play with them, even less to much used to throw high suicides with them. I actually don´t throw too many very high suicides currently).
Last time I played often with this size of tops, was September 2012 in England, practicing every day with them.

It was not bad after all!
Thanks by the video to my friend Ludo!

what is the size of a standard mexican top??????

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 08:21:29 AM »

what is the size of a standard mexican top??????

It looks like Salvador is using a Cometa King Cobra. 
It is 3” high and 2 1/16” in diameter.
Their other models such as Azteca and Diamante are the same size.
That would be the standard size Jack.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:40:06 AM by Larry D. »

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 11:10:59 AM »

Hi!
It looks like Salvador is using a Cometa King Cobra.
This time I actually I was using a model called Metallic, of the Alien Brand.

It is 3” high and 2 1/16” in diameter.
Their other models such as Azteca and Diamante are the same size.
That would be the standard size Jack.

Yes, you are right. It seems that the origin of all the mexican standar size trompos had its origin in the ancient Imperial from Duncan. Indeed, those were more or less the words of Eduardo Zentella "all the today´s mexican tops, standard size, they repeat in essence the basic model of the Duncan´s  Imperial"

Some times I don´t understand when some persons make an escandal, they make a big noise about who is copying to who. I Spain, recently rises a new trompos Brand, exactly copying to an some years previous one also spanish brand. Are almost exactly the same. The funniest stuff for me, is ..all of them are copying the design of Spintastics tops!
Even the tips in some cases!

Brazilian Trompos Fénix is counterfeiting in almost all details Duncan´s ones. I have never invented or created any tip, and in a lot of post I can read "Salvador´s tips".

I am never going to say to somebody..."don´t counterfeit me, don´t do your trompos with the tip I designed" It would be very extremely naive.

Who´s really original? I think noboby, talking about, concerning this kind of situations.

I never have known something about Duncan complains or demands to some persons in some parts of the world making bussines with yoyos or trompos.
Several enterprises around the world make promotions and get huge quantities of money selling any kind of skill toy,like the ancient Duncan way.

Originality? Copyrights? We were the first ones into do it!!! ??? They are counterfeiting us!!!??? Creativity? Ingeniousity???

Regarding spin tops, to my opinión, only you could dare yourself to say that, and only in some manner, concerning to tricks, but, finally, with time, indeed passing years, truly noboby is going to care not even a bit, who was the first one(s) into create or innovate sth. I think it´s not a matter on which one´s shouldn´t take too importance.

Before, many years ago, perhaps I took importance to the idea of "originality", but, now, I really don´t care a...:)

If you don´t want that nobody counterfeit you, copy you, imitate you, don´t show it, don´t talk with nobody about it. This way, you shall be sure nobody is going to steal you, nobody is going to take your "originality". :)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:32:35 AM by Ketzaltlipoka »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 12:08:30 PM »

I mostly agree with you. Nothing is created in a vacuum, most creation is just mixing, rearranging and developing previous ideas.  I have lots of issues with the copyright-patent laws about that.  For example, most (all?) Disney stories are rehashes of old classics but they are fierce prosecuting infringers . . .  Of course, when somebody copies something without even trying to add something new, I do have a problem with that.  Now, if you do not show what you have for fear of being copied, be assured somebody else will eventually come up with the same idea, and your original idea will be wasted.