iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I need information about suns - around the worlds that regenerate  (Read 7987 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: I need information about suns - around the worlds that regenerate
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 10:25:24 AM »

Very informative bird view!  The ceiling in my home-office (spintop-studio  ;)) is too low for that  :( Perhaps I could film at 2 in the morning in the living room  ::) The other option would be a very wide angle lens for the camera.

I guess you are doing your suns closer to the Mexican version than mine. From what I can tell from the video, the top seems to kind of stand up at the bottom and precess faster. In mine the top remains horizontal and I have to wait for the precession to complete.

Mike, to stop the top from precessing while doing the upper part of the trick, do NOT swing it with the string like in around the world.  The top does not do a circle around the hands.  The hands do a circle around a center half way between them and the top. You are just "following" the top with the string.  If you do not pull from the tip there will be no force making the top precess.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:27:31 AM by ta0 »

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »

There are two main ways to get this trick: the easier one, it could be this one: doing it from receiving directly from trapecios.
I learnt to do them with the other way, doing lazadas, and wating that the top does the knot and then pull it to up. 
I must say that is much, much easier start to doing starting from trapecios than the other way.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 12:56:05 AM »

Chris please, put a photo of the eyehawk camera in its flying position.

I'll copy your idea faaaast!  ;D ;D ;D

Hey, Pulp - here's a photo collage of my overhead camcorder rig:

My ceiling is 10'-6" (3.2 meters) high, so I needed a way to get the camcorder up there easily.  Picture tells most things, but let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.  One I learned is to angle it a little for a better view.  If it is straight up and down and the player's head is often in the way.

I suppose with a lower ceiling all you would need is a hook in the ceiling, a small tripod, a small bungee chord,  a step stool, y muchas cervezas.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:24:21 AM by yophosis »

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 04:54:08 AM »

Great!

Better than expected.

The trompiarium have 3.25 m ceiling too. I'll copy your hawkeye take.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 10:25:56 AM »

Fantastic! I love it! The pulley system is more complicated than a ladder but way cooler!