iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: [TRICK] - Rebound!  (Read 4851 times)

bAd

• Gold Member
  • You spin my head right round, right round...
[TRICK] - Rebound!
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:02:20 AM »

Hello!
This is a little trick I discovered by accident (seeing the video you will easily understand why), but that I found out to be feasible in a consistent way...
Hopefully it doesn't already exist, as usual... I haven't seen it on the web, yet, but if it is someone else's, just let me know! ;)

[TRICK] - Rebound

The lighting conditions were awful, but I hope you can make the trick out all the same.
It works best on a flat and hard surface, and it is advisable to equip your top with an "armor" before attempting it.
I have tried it with a Giulia (in the video) and an STB, and it works like a charm.
The angle at which the top hits the flor is very important to have a high and firm rebound, and each top has a different optimal angle. I will soon make a tutorial about it as well.. :)

Let me know what you think!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: [TRICK] - Rebound!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:45:54 AM »

Grande!
But . . . it does exist.  Matt Ritter used to do several variations on that (look for the "Who is Matt Ritter" video, I think there is one between the legs there).  I have a video of combo with 3 bounces by Gustavo, which coincidentally was also made at night with little lighting.  I hope to upload it soon (I just got a new hard drive to be able to finish editing the videos from Mexico).

bAd

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »

Awwwwwwww.... too bad! :P

Ok, I obviously don't claim ownership for it, can I still leave the video on here? :)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »

We love your creative efforts and your videos.  Please, please leave your video here.  It is a great inspiration for all of us.

The "hit the ground and bounce back to the string" trick is a favorite in diabolo circles with the rubber implement and the more consistent bounces.  You do a good job in your video with the certain "wildness" of tops and their spin.

I guess this is another reason why we should have some tops made out of diabolo material.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:49:38 PM »

Here is the video, a couple of great bounce catches in it, but not exactly like yours.

bAd

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 03:43:01 AM »

Very nice and "cool" play in this video!!!

I just learnt those one handed whip/lasso sort of catches he does, even though I'm not yet consistent with it, that's an awesome trick!  ;D

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 09:31:10 AM »

I just learnt those one handed whip/lasso sort of catches he does, even though I'm not yet consistent with it, that's an awesome trick!  ;D

Those are called ghost catches.  They were created by Matt and ainĀ“t easy.

We miss Matt. Where are you?

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »

I LOVE me some Matt Ritter.  He's a friggin Awesome spin-top player and way fun to party with too  >:D  ;D ;D

topper777

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 03:28:31 PM »

the one handed lasso and catches are soo fun. i have been useing them for a few months now and they have made my game a lot smoother. it just looks pretty to suddenly whip up a loop and grab the top!!!

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 08:27:33 PM »

the one handed lasso and catches are soo fun. i have been useing them for a few months now and they have made my game a lot smoother. it just looks pretty to suddenly whip up a loop and grab the top!!!

Video.

topper777

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 01:46:14 PM »

i dont have a video camera just my phones camera. when i get inspired i will make a short video for everyone!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 10:41:56 PM »

Oddly enough, as I was surfing around the web tonight I ran across some items about Matt Ritter.  Then, I found this listing in Wikipedia about him.  It is interesting that we are named the top spinning capital of the world (Miamisburg) and Matt Ritter day comes every August 25th (it only really happened one day). 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Ritter

bAd

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 06:11:48 AM »

LOL! Awesome to live in the top spinning capital of the world! :P