iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: the King is back  (Read 15644 times)

Dizzy

• ITSA Jr.
Re: the King is back
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »

I'm with topper here.  What are you guys saying?  Should I buy some of these or not?  I've never thrown a BK or a RC before and this looks like the time to buy.  Someone here recently sold some used BK's at some pretty stunning prices, so at 13 bucks new that's a great deal, but if they are defective in some way that effects performance then I don't think i want them. 

Also wouldn't the guys at YYN know if these tops were messed up?  if so then why would they sell them?

What should I do here?   

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 02:39:54 PM »

ah ah ! no worries at 13 bucks , it's still a good deal :D :D

even if  the bearing doesn't fit the seating properly, and the plastic is less dense, it should be playable and fixable / even modable

for takeshi's mod : again use the search thingy :
 there's some posts on the subject and photos too

i don't think yyn is in any sort of scam on this offer :
 Pat Cuartero is a clever guy

imho

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 03:47:13 PM »

I've searched every combination of words I can think of, I can't find pics or explanation of Takeshi's mod. If anyone knows where the post is or what he did I'd appreciate it.

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 04:27:33 PM »

I've searched every combination of words I can think of, I can't find pics or explanation of Takeshi's mod. If anyone knows where the post is or what he did I'd appreciate it.

http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php?topic=1091.0

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 04:50:41 PM »

Takeshi's (diet RC) mods, plural.  Not Takeshi's mod.  Mods that were done by the cat named Takeshi.

The inner bearings were not shoved all the way down in their holes, you will just need a bolt and a nut to squeeze it in there, no big deal.  If the bearing is not low enough, it will not hold the tiny o-ring on the stock of the bearing tip.

I just ordered the last two for a friend.  That was quick!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:54:24 PM by Neff »

Java

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 05:43:02 PM »

And........they're gone.......

Have Fun,
Tom

Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 07:18:12 PM »

Thanks for finding the link for me Mark. I guess my word search wasn't as creatively thorough as I thought

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 02:10:42 AM »

This is awesome, we all manage to sell them out, hopefully they (duncan) can move forward to the very anticipated one way bearing we all been waiting on
Everything is getting sold out in varies stores, this is great, maybe this encourage other companies to make some more spintops
Cant wait for what the future of spintops will bring
And like Jim said for 13 bucks its (or was) a great deal, at the end if they for some reason are "defected", whats importante to me is the bearing system, I like my trompos balanced, and the ability to change RC to BK and changing the caps helps me achive that
So I count the bearings and points and make my own BK's, out of RC and BK parts

Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 03:01:00 AM »

Maybe on a future release Duncan can offer a different tip choice, either the same tip reshaped to a point or a metal tip with more of a point. It sounds like there are mixed feelings on the stock tip but if they're going to give us an extra bearing tip in the package anyway the choice I think would be appreciated.

topper777

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 02:53:37 PM »

i just recieved my bk's in the mail. both crowns are cracked. im a little bummed. one of the tops tip came out. i opened the crown on both of them and pushed the bearings down into the seat. i hope that works. they seem to be well balenced. is there a reason yyn sold damaged tops??? also, i was wondering if top works better with or without the weight rings? does taping the rims make a difference?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:07:42 PM by topper777 »

Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 03:40:59 PM »

My YYN order hasn't arrived yet but I picked 1 up from the Wizard's Chest yesterday. My Crown is fine the point on one of the tips broke off (maybe in the mold) but everything else is in order. I cleaned the bearings right away which made a big diffenence. It isn't quite as balanced as my old one but it spins longer (my old clear one seems to rub a bit). 2 of the tips are sharper then the old ones.
I'm sure YYN would exchange it for you if they had any left. Try Duncan directly, I know the other yoyo company's have taken care of me directly when I needed help.
The tape's purpose is to stop the tabs that hold the crown on from breaking. They're a little weak right at those points. So you can put tape on now to stop it from breaking or you can wait and use tape later to hold the crown on after it breaks.

topper777

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 03:46:16 PM »

im having trouble getting the bearing off of the tip. any suggestions free???

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »

does taping the rims make a difference?

I always tape mine...the tabs can still break though, just not quite as easily, and if they do, the top stays together.

They play fine with tape even after the tab breaks.

I play my RC (fixed) without a ring, but for me, the ring/extra weight is what I've become used to in a BK (bearing), so I leave it in...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:34:31 PM by poptop »
Erratic Wobbler

Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 05:35:24 PM »

I actually used dog toe nail clippers ::) but some tipe of rounded dykes would be best or a blade of some sort. I just used the blade to seperate it from the end a little bit then I got my fingers under the edge and popped it off.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »

To get the tip out take the cap out and find some sort of cillynder that the top will only fit like halfway in to hold it while you pound the tip out with a nail and hammer.

ALWAYS tape a RC or BK :)

I am curious, where are the caps cracked?