iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I'm not sure what to call this one...  (Read 4118 times)

John Buechele

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
I'm not sure what to call this one...
« on: August 21, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »

I'll let the video do the talking...

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:17:14 AM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: I'm not sure what to call this one...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:03:12 PM »

Thanks for filming the little video clip, John.  It was fun to do.  Just for the record, I am spinning a bearing top which is much much much easier to spin than the fixed tip top Salvador keeps spinning.  I have done a lot with the recorder (flute) over the years and couldn't resist doing a follow up on Salvador's amazing timing with his hand and foot.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:05:14 PM »

Ha,haha. ha..thank`s  a lot, Mike. I must recognize that I didn`t play so well the "kena" (kena is a kind of inca, andine flute, harder to play than normal ones) in my video, and I was more concentrated in to regenerate the top than in to colocate the kena in the adecuate position in my lips in order to play it well.
The original idea is to eat a fruit while you play the trompo, or even better, to play a yo yo at the same time. But I finally decided to play the kena.
I must say that I completely ignored, I didn`t know that you had done this before...to play the top, and to play the flute ...anyway , thank`s by the dedicatory....

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 11:40:08 PM »

OMG, as soon as I saw the video (even w/out playing it) I cracked up.  Before playing it I made Lynne turn down The Colbert Report (which she doesn't do easily) and I showed her the original video and told her ....."now check this out".  You gave us both a good laugh boys.
Mike, props for you fabulous rendition of Mary ha a Little Lamb.  You boys have a future in Youtube remixes!

Oh btw.... Mike, you're a bit flat on the "white" as snow.  You had better clean that part up before you take the act out on the road.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 09:52:57 AM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 09:38:46 AM »

Dear csam, you are right.  I am flat on the "white" as snow part.  That is called a blues note.  I had my mojo working, baby!  I was playin' the blues because I couldn't throw tops all night long, I only had a little time to toss 'em with John.

Dear Salvador, I am so glad you enjoyed the video and saw it as some wacky humor.  My wife and daughter thought it looked like I might be making fun of you.  Of course, that was not my intention.  I just wanted to show that I do play the recorder and I do some one handed top spinning.  This was the first time I put them both together, though.  Thanks for the creative inspiration!

I have some other ideas?  Should I try them when John comes around again?
Oh, and I like the idea of fruit eating!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 09:57:29 AM »

Well done Mike!

Now that you and John are playing with a camera it may be a good time to start recording tricks for the 3rd collective video. Hey, one of the tricks is called drumbeat, you know ;)

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 08:40:05 PM »

Very cool Mike!
Don Olney
1237 E. Main St.
Rochester, NY 14609
topman@rochester.rr.com