iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Corkscrew Theory  (Read 4032 times)

RunBMC

Corkscrew Theory
« on: December 07, 2010, 09:28:29 PM »

[thread extracted from the S8 Video Contest thread]

Your trick has inspired me to a theory of a trick i can't pull off, maybe someone else can do it. As you do a normal corkscrew, when it gets to the end to where you can do the blizzard, you cable car the top all the way back up to a staircase to heaven. Is this even possible? and another idea that could be useful if doing fixed tip corkscrew: You can "sandwich" a corkscrew with small RCS and back to (possibly) staircase to heaven.

Every trick begins with an idea! ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:03:16 AM by Neff »
Every jam we play, we break two needles
There's three of us but we're not the Beatles
My name is Beau, you can call him B
You can call me Beau Matt Compt, or you can call him BMC
People always ask, "BMC, what does it mean?"
Well I just told you.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Re: Re: S8 Video Contest (new thread)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »

It may be possible, but you would be fighting the precession the whole way up...

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 10:53:08 PM »

I appretiate that you all :)
I figured out that I can do almost any trick in between this corkscrews as long as I finish it with a lasso back to blizzard and then to Reverse CS, just because the way the spintop sit on the string, if it doesnt come back that way its a deffent tangle and cant finish the trick
Your trick has inspired me to a theory of a trick i can't pull off, maybe someone else can do it. As you do a normal corkscrew, when it gets to the end to where you can do the blizzard, you cable car the top all the way back up to a staircase to heaven. Is this even possible? and another idea that could be useful if doing fixed tip corkscrew: You can "sandwich" a corkscrew with small RCS and back to (possibly) staircase to heaven.

Every trick begins with an idea! ;D

Endless possibilities, thats why I enjoy spintops so much :D
I havent tried your idea RunBMC but I agree with Neff, with a bearing I would have to throw it really hard for it to reach the top to my hand, and even then I think it would get tangled before getting up there
With a fixed tip, I dont think I can make it regen fast enough to travel up the string, concidering the size of the string thats left while the other half is wrapted around my arm
Good ideas though, i'll try it with fixed tip and let you know what happend

RunBMC

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »

It may be possible, but you would be fighting the precession the whole way up...
I meant a fixed tip not bearing...Or would it be the same thing?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:16 AM »

I meant a fixed tip not bearing...Or would it be the same thing?
Chris is right, the wrap around the arm is the reverse for corckscrew than for staircase to heaven.

This gives me an idea. A long time ago I tried coming down on one arm and up on the other, but I was not good enough to do it. Maybe I should try again . . .

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Re: Corkscrew Theory
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 11:49:51 AM »

A long time ago I tried coming down on one arm and up on the other, but I was not good enough to do it. Maybe I should try again . . .

Yes, we'd like to see you try this again!
Erratic Wobbler

RunBMC

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 06:03:10 PM »

Ya, that sounds great! Thanks Jorge for making this a new topic, we may really be on to something here! And if someone could pull of this theory in Wyyc, they would score big!

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 06:49:58 PM »

Chris is right, the wrap around the arm is the reverse for corckscrew than for staircase to heaven.

This gives me an idea. A long time ago I tried coming down on one arm and up on the other, but I was not good enough to do it. Maybe I should try again . . .
[/quote]
Now thats very interesting, Im going to have to try this myself
Im going to have to do some thinking, this might be tricky, coming down the left hand sounds like a challenge, I like it, but coming up on the left hand sounds like a headache >:(
So option one sounds better to me, let us know if you acomplish it ta0, or anyone else :)