iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: EL GRAN BIG BANG MEXICANO DE CUERDAS DEL TROMPO PARTE VII- ARACNIDAS KRISHALIDAS  (Read 6267 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

mmmm..fue muy grato ver el video donde Gerardo comienza una tipo de automàtico con el pie. ¡Realmente me sorprendio! Bien...Pulpowsky lo llama "el imposible", bueno,entonces iremos màs lejos aùn... llamaremos entonces a esto "el impensable. ¿Razòn de? En cierta ocasiòn platicando con Gustavo, acerca de las cuerdas, acordamos una regla inalterable...que en todas, absolutamente todas las cuerdas, la acciòn de regenerar  se da con las dos extremidades superiores..brazos y manos...esto es algo cierto...pero ya no irrefutable.
Cuando le preguntè si habrìa alguna otra forma de regenerar, prescindiendo de algun brazò, me dijo que eso era ...ni siquiera me dijo imposible....me dijo que era algo fuera de toda lògica....que se entiende como ..."impensable"..Lo imposible es algo que existe dentro de la mente de alguien...lo impensable ni siquiera se concibe dentro del pensamiento..well, I like go through things like that...Alguien dijo "non plus ultra"...bien, I don`t agree with that phrase...
De hecho...lo primero que intentè fue realizar, buscar la forma de hacer una especie de atomos usando el pie...pero fue difìcil...pero tan sòlo unos minutos despuès descubrì que las aràcnidas se prestaban para ...regenerar con el pie.....dejando libre una mano libre....!
El nombre adicional es por que se presta la combinaciòn...tanto en inglès como en español...crisàlidas... crysalis...con el nombre de la suprema personalidad de Dios...Krishna..de quien emana todo lo creado...sè que tal vez no sean tan espectaculares....pero....¿habìa alguien pensado en hacer...(¡y hacer!) esto?......

ah! and ,...by the way...I need to say sth for a BIG MOUTH person who talks a lot, but in facts, only it`s a shame.....
Surely you remember an old post where I was trying to explain some differences between trapezees and toboganes. A person replied me, and that person said that He didn`t need to be training  a lot of time in a solitary room, and that He did`t need to show his game in videos of youtube to prove how good he is. That he was fed up with the anacronic style of playing trompo there in the USA, and that in the next worlds he was going to show good stuff.

Today I see his..."game?", in a link posted here to see the videos of worlds and...I can`t say that he plays bad..not bad, horrible...yes..I`m unable to say this..because...in fact He plays absolutely nothing...I can`t say that he plays horrible, because that would be a praise to him.. ....According with his presumptuos way to express, I really expected good and grets new tricks from him...and was very dissapointing to me to watch He was unable of even to do a boomerang correctly...
I think that some persons should know that is better not to say things when yourself know that those things are not true. I too want to say him, that I don`t pass, don`t spend hours and hours playing trompo. But I guess that man should do it...as far as I saw his bad attemptives to try to do basic tricks in the stage...
Keep your big mouth shout out! and start to train, my friend of the cryptic messages...

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Boyd
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 12:53:51 AM »

As I write this your last uploaded video are half-orbits. I look forward to see the chrysalis (I imagine it is uploading right now).

About Boyd . . . you shouldn't take what he says too seriously. We all know how good you are, one of the very best players in the world, you have proved it many time with your videos, so you don't need to be defensive. Boyd is creative, he has invented several tricks, but he has always been a train wreck freestyling with tops (he is a good 1A yo-yo freestyler, so this may prove that spintops are more difficult). If his bragging serves him as self-motivation, that is ok: nobody on this board is impressed by those things. Personally I am happy he is back into tops, we need more players in the US. As you posted on the original thread, let's not waste time in personal controversies.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:56:22 AM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page

I will say this.  Boyd won the long toss in the freestyle competition.  His throw went so far that it nearly nailed a computer.  Everyone's eyes lit up at that moment and I enjoyed Boyd's response on the video.......where he raised his arms as if to say "goal"!!!

I have had the string get caught around the tip before and had these wild throws but Boyd's move on stage may go down as a "classic".
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None

I only want to say, I remember a daveid video doing regens with a single-hand trapeces.

Moré single hand trick, will be wellcomed.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member

I will say this.  Boyd won the long toss in the freestyle competition.  His throw went so far that it nearly nailed a computer.  Everyone's eyes lit up at that moment and I enjoyed Boyd's response on the video.......where he raised his arms as if to say "goal"!!!

I have had the string get caught around the tip before and had these wild throws but Boyd's move on stage may go down as a "classic".

It DID nail a computer! I was sitting right there when it happened. The top hit the computer with such force that it knocked a key off the keyboard. I know because I had to pick up an "I" key up from the floor and hand it to the unfortunate individual who was sitting at the laptop when it happened. I wish I was recording it from my vantage point because I had a great view!

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

Upsss!
 lastnight it lacked only three eternal minutes to download the video, , and the pouring rain breaks the electric energy. AHHH! I am sorry, folks, the video was just about to be availbale...the rain doesn`t got to be blamed...the rain give life.
Well, as soon as possible, maybe among today and next friday, it will be there.

And regarding the other topic, well...I prefer not say any more to avoid controverses, maybe We both (me and him) misunderstood ourselves due the  unknowing of the real meanings of the each other languages...but, I prefer to say with my actions than with words. I didn`t see videos of him playing yo-yo, but as all you say, He must be a good one, only that you must remember that He said that in the another forum, (and by the english I know, I think I`m not a fool, he was saying that.... (like if he was, in certain way,) laughing at me. I don`t like that.

If I was invited to post messages here, in the englishspeakers forums of top,
the less thing I expected is someone saying "¡no mames guey!" in a message where I`m trying to explain certain details of game. So, the first in start this it wasn`t me. I am a quiet person, but I don`t like don`t say anything when someone is laughing at me, or of my videos.
Cheers to all!

Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.

Res, non verba.

Longum iter est per praecepta, breve et efficax per exempla.

Spinningray

• ITSA Jr.
    • Woodtops

I saw it too from where I was sitting at the front table. I watched it land on the keyboard and I thought I saw something white fly from the laptop.
Boyd is very good with the yo-yo. He can get a bit loud sometimes. You do get nervous when you are on the stage in front of that many people. I have been there myself.
I hope to get to spin tops with you some day Salvador. I would like to have you try one of my tops.

Alan

killswitch

Re: Boyd
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »

(he is a good 1A yo-yo freestyler, so this may prove that spintops are more difficult)

no i dont think so. i bet he has spent a lot more time with yoyoing than with tops. and he is very creative there. He is also sponsored by one leading yoyo manufacturer. but this is his usual manner, also on yoyo forum, he is making fun of many posts. i even think that spin tops basics are easier than with yoyos, some tricks go on just couple tries. yeah regens look though of course :)

btw on the other note. whats the deal with all the spanish here? the subject names that does not tell too much to people like me not speaking that language? ARÀCNOCTAMBULO you look like english does not make you a problem...so why is half of the post in the spanish? so i and many others dont know whats going on. what i dont like more on it, it sound like language of spin tops elite or something. as a forum has that "i" in it for international, could be more like that. i would understand that if there would be only spanish speaking people...

sorry if you feel me being rude or something, dont mean anything in a bad way. :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Even though his English is very good, I am sure it takes Salvador at least double the time to write the same stuff in English than in Spanish. Considering that he is such a prolific writer (I have got 4-page emails from him) and he writes (and uploads his videos) while sitting at a cybercafe, I understand completely that sometimes he doesn't feel like translating everything (or just needs to hurry up because the place is closing). Fortunately, videos are mostly self explanatory. I am very glad to have him in the forum.

By the way, Salvador sent me 66 photos (with explanations) of different Mexican tops (mostly out of production) he has available. I will make an on line gallery so you all can see them and maybe join me in an order. Hopefully the gallery will eventually become an on line museum of Mexican brands like the one I have for Duncan tops.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:49:57 PM by ta0 »

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

btw on the other note. whats the deal with all the spanish here? the subject names that does not tell too much to people like me not speaking that language? ARÀCNOCTAMBULO you look like english does not make you a problem...so why is half of the post in the spanish? so i and many others dont know whats going on. what i dont like more on it, it sound like language of spin tops elite or something. as a forum has that "i" in it for international, could be more like that. i would understand that if there would be only spanish speaking people...

sorry if you feel me being rude or something, dont mean anything in a bad way.

Yes. You are right, killswitch . I know other languages besides my mother tongue, mexican spanish. Unfortunately, I don`t know czech language (I suppose you talk czech or slovack tongue). I must say that I know english, but just enough to make myself understood and to comprehend the basic way to express. A lot of the words that the people of here (the people from USA) use in their common saying, are unknown for me. And sometimes I don`t got my dictionaire at hand to understand all.
It`s not so difficult to me write at english. Until my knowlegde of english (or another foreign tongue) language allows me, I can think simultaneously in spanish, or english (in this case) and write (specially writing) fluenty, in a good and fast manner.

But sometimes, (mainly when the matter is about to explain some trick or regeneration kind) it`s necessary to me to write in spanish in order to explain some details related with the trick I show in my videos (my videos of spinning top, which are the ones of the interest of the people of this forum).
I know that the majority of this forum is people of USA, and the others We must use this language.
Is not for disturbate you or causing you/them anger.
I think that as an International forum, it`must be open to the possibility that other people from other countries be able to (Imagine, killswithch, that someone is interested in post some message here and
don`t know english..is like if we discriminate them by his ignorance of english....while it don`t be russian or chinese, japanese alphabet, I guees we can translate their message) could write his messages here.

And by the way, nothing to do with "elite language of players of spinning top)
I am completely against of that kind of situations. As a proove of it, are my videos. I know that only a few persons have got the level I show in my videos, and if I were interested in to form part of a "elite" of players of top, the less thing I would do it would be to show the essence of my knowing, my power, my ability...sth like my treasure.

During several milleniums, the knowlege was reserved only for some few persons. Knowlege of any kind, was = power. I must say you that even others players of top have said to me that I must not show this kind of tricks in internet, because, this way, in some little time, "this elite" will disappear, I mean, not only me and others will play at this level. I don`t care this situation.

The knowlege is a patrimony of every man, don`t taking care the nacionality, race or religious beliefs. When the knowledge, the wisdom, the science, the f aith, is hidden by some men, many evils things happen in the world. The knowledge, the wisdom, the true, they make free the human being.

If thanks to the creator of all the existing things, my being has served like a receptor to materialize some ideas, Is my duty, my ...my...(Here is when I prefer use spanish.....) personal responsability, to share my knowledge, without expecting or wait nothing in change.

The now`s day ideas of glory, power, fame, money prestige or all this vain things are not with me.Vanitas vanitatum.
 If I show videos in internet, is only because today, internet allows the interchange of knowledge among people of different countries or cultures.
I am completely agains of any kind of elite, specially the economic elites. Great part of the world lives in unjustice, and that is due mainly to the insaciability, the hunger of some man by the money.
If you think I am part of an elite, you must imagine know that I am a renegade of that elite.
And by the way, I still don`t got the enough level in playing yo-yo for be able to say that toy is more difficult or more easier. When in some close future I play yo yo as I know to play trompo, I will give my own and personal opinion. I must tell you sth that you too must notice: Why in all the whole world there are a lot . a real bunchs of persons who play yo yo so good....and ever so little that play trompo very good?
At least, what I really I am able to say, is that much easier, even much easier, to learn and to play diabolo, than top.
Enjoy the video, and it would be nice to me see one coment from you in my videos.
In attention to all of you, players that post messages here, but specially to you, Killswitch, and to Dick Sthor, from now on I will write only in english in the messages I shall in this forum.

QUID DICIS DE TE IPSO?
DOMINUS VOBISCUM.

"Efficient daemones ut quae non sunt, sic tamen quasi sind, conspicienda hominibus exhibeant" Lactancio.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkterQyMP6k[/youtube]

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 01:09:28 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Should we use Latin as a lingua franca on the board? Just joking  :)

Hey, if I learn the Krishálidas (crisálidas = chrysalis) I can also do something productive with the free hand while playing with the spintop (but family will not let me play a flute: it would sound worse than yours . . .)

Those 4 are posters of spintops, aren't they?

Thanks again, Salvador, for all the effort and generosity in sharing these tricks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:31:23 AM by ta0 »

SpinQueen

• Superhero member

Wow, I get a cramp in my foot by just watching that video ;)   I wish I didn't need two hands to play guitar  ;D  Do you double the whole string or is it just doubled where the string is around the top and back to your hand?  Really interesting stuff!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Catherine: I believe the string goes from his hand, around the top, back to his hand and to the foot. So it is only doubled between the hand and the top.

As Salvador himself says in the video, the regeneration mechanism is the same as the one in his arácnidas, he is "just" replacing one hand by the foot. In fact, the full name of the new one is Arácnidas Krishálidas = Chrysalis Arachnids (with a funny spelling of the chrysalis part). 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 02:41:57 PM by ta0 »

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

Yes, Catherine, ta0 is right. Only the string is doubled just exactly there, between whre my hand hold the string and the top, I mean, is doubled only between the top and my hand. The rest of the string is ¿loss? (floja, suelta). Although is exactly the same principle of arácnidas, is much harder and more exhausting, by the way.