News:

Author Topic: Music  (Read 2616 times)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Music
« on: April 25, 2013, 05:19:08 PM »

I've got a love/hate relatinship with my tunes.  I love what I gots, but i'm tired of hearing the same same same....

What are y'all listening to?  Save me...!

I recently got the Johm Mayer album "Born and Raised".  I really dig track no. 9: "Walt Grace's Submarine Test, 1967".  Hope you like it too.

Erratic Wobbler

Joel Norris

• ITSA
Re: Music
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »

Classic rock all the way. Jethro Tull, ELP, ELO, deep purple, and you can never, ever, ever, ever, go wrong with Bruce Hornsby

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 08:13:10 PM »

I like that John Mayer tune.  It makes me want to pick up my guitar!

I read something in the paper about how the Huey Lewis and the News "Sports" album has now been out thirty years.  I went out and got their greatest hits and have been enjoying rocking out to that.

My wife picked up a cd of the very best of Jackson Browne and, together, we have been enjoying that.

Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 11:12:13 PM »

Thanks guys.  Jethro Toll will always hold a special place in the hearts of topspinners thanks to Daveid. 

Funny, Huey Lewis's "Sports" was one of the fist tapes I ever owned back when I was in high school and had just joined the Columbia House music club.  A good move for me...I always looked forward to those packages from Terre Haute Indiana!

I saw a few Dead shows with Bruce Hornsby sitting in while in college -- good times, what I can recall of them... 8)

Joel Norris

• ITSA
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 12:26:37 AM »

Try Pandora if you're trying to find new music. Just put in a band or song you like and it'll play similar stuff. I've found some great stuff using it. If only they had an option to block steelie dan from my classic rock channels...

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 10:48:55 AM »

Don't lose that number ;)