iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Two top giants  (Read 458 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Two top giants
« on: January 19, 2023, 12:48:37 PM »

I was sure we had discussed this sculpture before, but I cannot find a post.

The statue is in the town of La Orotava, in Tenerife, the largest of the Canary Islands (Spain but just west of Africa). The shopping center is called El Trompo. According to Guillem the sculptor was Pedro González.

Guillem just recorded a combo in front:

Notice that the whip catches the crown of the top and not the tip.

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
Re: Two top giants
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 02:15:53 PM »

I saw that! That one whip he does where he moves the string in a figure 8 is something I am currently attempting to do.  8)

Armando (elprofedeltrompo)

• ITSA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@Elprofedeltrompo
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 05:56:07 PM »

No tenia idea de la existencia de este centro comercial,  es hermoso.   vi este video en youtube.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 08:05:41 PM »

No tenia idea de la existencia de este centro comercial,  es hermoso.   vi este video en youtube.

A whole video about the shopping center and it doesn't show the sculpture (although you can see it many times in the background) or explain what the name means!  >:( But it's what makes the shopping center special!
At 4:30 you can see that the image of the top is used in other parts of the center.

The shape of the top is the classic baldufa from Can Cels (of Catalonia). But it's interesting that the shopping center is call neither baldufa nor peonza but trompo.  Many people from the Canary Islands were among the first civilians from Spain to settle in the Americas. That might be why the name trompo is the one used in Latin America.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 10:31:47 AM by ta0 »

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 11:11:14 PM »

Según yo sí se discutió de hecho yo también te mandé información de tal .. saludos espero conocer algún día