iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: World Virtual Spintop Contest 2020?  (Read 18766 times)

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
Re: World Virtual Spintop Contest 2020?
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2020, 09:06:37 PM »

Can we get enough for an over 65 age division (looking at you Jim)? For a women's division (Renee, Beth)?

Can't see any good reason to gender the contest...  ???

Agreed.  Strength, size, weight, anatomy....none of these things provides either advantage or disadvantage with a spin top.  Let's let our ladies be equal, as they should be, and not separate them from the rest of the field....

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2020, 09:33:06 PM »

Can we get enough for an over 65 age division (looking at you Jim)? For a women's division (Renee, Beth)?

I agree as well, since I'm still the only one registered in the sports division!  >:(  :'(

Edit: Does anyone know specifically where to send the video?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 09:35:33 PM by Texture »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2020, 10:27:16 PM »

I agree as well, since I'm still the only one registered in the sports division!  >:(  :'(

Edit: Does anyone know specifically where to send the video?

I know in Colombia they have divisions for women and it works in attracting more participation. But of course they is no reason why they couldn't compete with the boys. In fact Val has competed many times (in 2004 she beat Bazan, Takeshi and myself among other men).

Don't worry, there will be more players in the Sports division. I know of at least 2 other players (from the US) who are practicing the tricks.

The confirmation email I sent you when you registered had an email address to send a link to the video. But we have not selected the Sport division judges yet, so it's still not working.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2020, 11:59:24 AM »

For the freestyles, is music necessary? I don't really know how I feel face to blasting music in my yard so that it get caught In the camera...

Thanks for the info
Spinning is life!!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2020, 12:17:36 PM »

For the freestyles, is music necessary? I don't really know how I feel face to blasting music in my yard so that it get caught In the camera...

Thanks for the info

Perhaps you could put the music very low but close to the microphone.

But it's a good question. I think the video should not be disqualified if it does not have music. Something to discuss with the ITSA board and incorporate in some update with clarifications to the rules.

Please, everybody, submit any doubts or questions you have about the rules. The earlier we can clarify them, the better.

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2020, 06:26:02 PM »

AMIGOS QUE  OPINAN DELA  PROPUESTA DEL  LOGO  PARA EMPEZAR  A PROMOCIONARLO   

FRIENDS WHO THINK ABOUT THE LOGO PROPOSAL TO START PROMOTING IT

TROMPO MEXICO

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2020, 06:56:00 PM »

ME GUSTA TUREGANO
I LIKE IT TUREGANO

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2020, 10:49:32 AM »

What about friends? I would like to invite you to deliberate if the logo remains and if it is authorized, then we can start promoting it all over the world

que tal amigos   me   gustaria  invitarlos a que  deliveremos   si si queda  el logo  ya que si  si  queda  autorizado   pues  ya podemos  empezar a promocionarlo por todos lados del mundo

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2020, 11:23:15 AM »

Ture: I think your last logo is good for promotion and as a secondary logo on the site. It's fun and inviting. I plan to add it to the worlds site soon. But for the official logo I would keep the one we are already using as it's more bold and has more gravitas in accordance to the importance of a World Contest.

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2020, 02:37:18 PM »

I have one question:
Is it the whole video limited to 3min or just the freestyle itself?
I explain my point: I would like to make a staging (not sure of the translation of "mise en scène") like few seconds before and after the freestyle leading to a video some seconds longer than the 3min would it be possible? The freestyle itself won't be more than the required 3min limit...

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2020, 03:33:31 PM »

I have one question:
Is it the whole video limited to 3min or just the freestyle itself?
I explain my point: I would like to make a staging (not sure of the translation of "mise en scène") like few seconds before and after the freestyle leading to a video some seconds longer than the 3min would it be possible? The freestyle itself won't be more than the required 3min limit...
That should be fine as long as the extra time is short. The three minutes will start counting from the time you throw the boomerang until the 3 minutes pass. I guess we will have to designate somebody to check all the videos and make sure the freestyling itself doesn't go over. I suggest using music that stops exactly at 3 minutes. But because most players will have to start the video and the music themselves, probably they need to add a silence or music with a sharp change leading to the start, so they have time to prepare.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »

I can always add in the music afterwards in iMovie if that's allowed and leave the audio in from the video. This is how I did all my video so far!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2020, 03:37:15 PM »

I can always add in the music afterwards in iMovie if that's allowed and leave the audio in from the video. This is how I did all my video so far!!!
That's currently not allowed by the rules. If many players feel that this is better, we can discuss it and maybe change the rules.

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2020, 04:36:09 PM »

I think music added afterwards would leads into nicer videos, but I can understand that its already a montage and for that could be forbidden...
I would vote for this possibility...

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2020, 09:28:09 AM »

Ture: I think your last logo is good for promotion and as a secondary logo on the site. It's fun and inviting. I plan to add it to the worlds site soon. But for the official logo I would keep the one we are already using as it's more bold and has more gravitas in accordance to the importance of a World Contest.

ok entonces   empecemos  a promocionarlo   y   que   tenagamos  muchos  participantes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up