iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: World Virtual Spintop Contest 2020?  (Read 18768 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: World Virtual Spintop Contest 2020?
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2020, 01:41:27 PM »

I can always add in the music afterwards in iMovie if that's allowed and leave the audio in from the video. This is how I did all my video so far!!!
That's currently not allowed by the rules. If many players feel that this is better, we can discuss it and maybe change the rules.

Here's a silly suggestion, let's ask to upload the raw and the montage with music? The evaluator can just confirm both video are the same and there you go!!
Spinning is life!!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2020, 02:40:32 PM »

Here's a silly suggestion, let's ask to upload the raw and the montage with music? The evaluator can just confirm both video are the same and there you go!!
I'm not sure what you mean. That the freestyle is from a continuous take would be obvious from the video itself, not from the audio. So I don't see the advantage of the raw. If it's trimmed before of after, that is no problem: some will start and stop the camera each time, some will film more than one attempt without stopping the camera and then trim it.

My only two concerns with adding the music afterwards is that people uploading directly from their phones will be at a disadvantage and that the experience will be a little farther away from a live freestyle. But I'm now thinking that we will have to accept this option, as it would be impossible to tell from the video if that was done. It will also make it easier for the players and give a better end product for the general public. I recommend leaving also the original audio at a volume that is not overwhelmed by the music (unless a baby or wife starts crying  :P) I will ask the International Board to accept this change.

Any other suggestions?

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2020, 10:15:18 AM »

I think only one raw upload for each competitor. You would of course be free to post your own edited version afterwards.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2020, 11:03:29 AM »

I think only one raw upload for each competitor. You would of course be free to post your own edited version afterwards.
Are you proposing that music is optional or required?
I think it's not possible to tell if a video is truly raw or the audio was modified. So it would have to be an honor system if we require that any music is live.

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2020, 12:52:30 PM »

I've been looking at the trick ladder list, am I the only one who find the boomerang in the back is in a (too) early position?
And can I just register now for the trick list while already registered for the freestyle?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2020, 01:54:13 PM »

I've been looking at the trick ladder list, am I the only one who find the boomerang in the back is in a (too) early position?
You are probably right. I guess it's in that position because it was a classic trick from the 1960's. I think we could swap it with Dive Bomber, #20. Because we had been using it as a menu, not a ladder, it was not too important the order (except for the different score value).
The list is probably overdue for an update, anyway. Alan Gray made the first list, which I edited a couple of times, replacing some tricks as the state of the art has moved forward (e.g. double wire walker with short circuit). It still has some legacy tricks from the early 2000's while missing some more relevant tricks. As only Texture is register so far, I might still update it, if he doesn't complain.

And can I just register now for the trick list while already registered for the freestyle?
No, if you freestyle, you cannot do the Sport division. But, if there is enough interest, we could have a pro-sport competition, open to everybody. What about one in which we don't count misses and see who can do it in less time? . . .  ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 01:56:59 PM by ta0 »

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2020, 02:14:19 PM »

No, if you freestyle, you cannot do the Sport division. But, if there is enough interest, we could have a pro-sport competition, open to everybody. What about one in which we don't count misses and see who can do it in less time? . . .  ;)
Yes this sounds good to me, I've been thinking of participating because of the low number of participants...

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2020, 02:57:48 PM »

hola  a todos     quiero dar mi opinion  sobre  las  reglas de la escalera  deportiva    en mi punto de vista   deveria  ser   el ganador  el  que mayor  cantidad de trucos   haga  en  el tiempo  de  3 minutos   sin  importar el  orden    y los  jueces  califiquen  la dificultad de cada   truco  la estetica  de cada  truco y que  no sea  repetido    si repite  uno      o varios  trucos   se  denominen  como  foul  y cada  foul descuenten su puntuacion    y si tiene  errores  tambien   o enrreda  frente  a los  jueces tambien se consideraria foul   

y respecto  al free style  sugiero    que  se  califiquen la  cantidad  de   tiempo de regeneracion    y  la cantidad  de transiciones  cambios  secuenciales de truco  sin que deje de girar  es  decir   si  en regeneracion    hace  un trapecio   una  lazada   y una  orbita    son tres  cambios  de trancision   o  en  todo  caso   abrir  una   categoria  de  regeneracion  solamente }

Hello everyone, I want to give my opinion on the rules of the sports ladder in my point of view, the winner should be the one who does the most tricks in the time of 3 minutes regardless of the order and the judges rate the difficulty of each trick. aesthetics of each trick and that it is not repeated if he repeats one or more tricks they are called foul and each foul deduct his score and if he also has errors or entangles in front of the judges it would also be considered foul

And regarding the free style I suggest that the amount of regeneration time and the number of transitions be qualified, sequential changes of trick without stopping turning, that is, if in regeneration a trapezoid makes a loop and an orbit are three transition changes or in everything case open a category of regeneration only}

TROMPO MEXICO

Beth

• ITSA
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2020, 02:13:34 PM »

This is the updated list of competitors registered so far (with country/autonomous region represented):

I'm surprised we have not yet more people registered for the ladder. You can wait until the deadline, but if you register early you will have more incentive to practice.  ;) Can we get enough for an over 65 age division (looking at you Jim)? For a women's division (Renee, Beth)?

I just registered for the Sport Ladder. Thank you all for the work you're putting into planning and organizing this! I support a women's division if it attracts more players, but I'm also happy to just play with the boys  8)

Thanks,
Beth

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2020, 06:55:38 PM »

Wonderful Beth!  8) You'll see that your throwing will advance significantly in addition of having fun.

Farid told me that he will register for the freestyles next month. Miguelanchelo said he is about to register.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 11:13:08 PM by ta0 »

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2020, 12:27:38 PM »

Great! Now I have someone to compete against.  ;D

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2020, 05:02:34 PM »

I am thinking about the sports ladder also, except I will only do them left handed.  I do not see myself being able to do much more than a dozen but it will be fun to be part of the game and have something to work on.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2020, 11:09:42 PM »

I am thinking about the sports ladder also, except I will only do them left handed.  I do not see myself being able to do much more than a dozen but it will be fun to be part of the game and have something to work on.
Yeah, doing them with your non-dominant hand would be a nice challenge.
Hey, Mr. ITSA Chairman: are you registering to compete against The Earl in the over 65 slot?  ;)

By the way, if there is a change of the order or trick composition in the ladder, we will ask those already registered if they agree. That's an advantage of registering early.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2020, 02:09:03 PM »

Hi all
I like Turegano format
For sports ladder
Jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2020, 03:28:14 PM »

Actually, I was talking about doing stuff left handed in the sports ladder so Texture and Beth would have more in their category.  I am definitely not competing.  I will do it in a leisurely way and only for fun.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up