iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Indonesia Gasing combat rules  (Read 1248 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Indonesia Gasing combat rules
« on: February 15, 2020, 02:19:18 PM »

This is the official configuration of an Indonesian gasing court, that allows two battles to be played simultaneously:

The target zone is a 3 m circle, with an exclusion zone for throwing marked by a 5 m circle. If the target top is spun outside, it can be brought in with the rope, but I believe it has to be spun inside the cone marked by the straight lines. More detail:

The small black circle with a slot on the edge of the target zone indicates a vertical metal pole.

This is a score sheet from the Indonesian Gasing association:

Two teams compete against each other, but actually a member of each team battles a member of the other team (some rules reminds me baseball). The game consists of three phases, each one with a distinct throw of the target gasing. In the first phase the target top is thrown underhand ("Normal"). In the second phase it's thrown overhand ("Dinkak", although Agus just called it Din). In the last phase ("Suntot") it's thrown around a vertical pole.

First one player will be the target and the other the striker, three times (A, columns 1, 2, 3). Then they will reverse rolls. If the striker misses the target or his gasing does not spin, everybody gets 0 points. If he strikes the target, his gasing spins but less than the target, he gets 25 points. If he strikes the target and spins longer, gets 50 points. Finally, if he kills the other top right away, he gets 100 points. A rule that generally does not come up in Indonesia but was a big factor with us, is that if the target top cannot be spun in the three allowed attempts, the other team gets 100 points.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Indonesia Gasing combat rules
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 02:20:29 PM »

Here Agus shows the combat technique. Specifically, this is done on the third phase, where the target top is spun around a vertical pole to increase it's speed.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 09:13:20 PM »

What?  Spin around a vertical pole to increase the speed!!!  What the heck.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 06:00:11 AM »

The one we used at Marines Festival, late and not trained enough...

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 10:22:13 PM »

Agus sent me some photos.

A poster of an Open Tournament that just took place in the village of Puput, in the island of Bangka, east of Sumatra.

There is prize money, a total of 18 million of Rupiahs, what if I'm not mistaken is 1,300 dollars.
Agus must have gone directly from Marines to the contest. I found this newspaper article:
"156 Participants Join the Central Bangka Regent Cup Gasing Tournament". It includes this photo with him:

It says that the 156 participants included 84 standard individual class participants and 72 uri (?) class participants.
Regent Ibnu Saleh said that after holding this successful competition in Central Bangka, they are planing a national level competition for 2021.

This photo from Agus shows a court that matches the drawing above. Notice the vertical posts.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 10:34:28 PM by ta0 »

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 05:53:57 AM »

The target zone is a 3 m circle, with an exclusion zone for throwing marked by a 5 m circle. If the target top is spun outside, it can be brought in with the rope, but I believe it has to be spun inside the cone marked by the straight lines. More detail:

The small black circle with a slot on the edge of the target zone indicates a vertical metal pole.

Still don't get the role of C zone compared to D and E zones...? :o
Same for the 50-25-50cm mark...

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 10:16:55 AM »

Still don't get the role of C zone compared to D and E zones...? :o
Same for the 50-25-50cm mark...
If I understood correctly, after the hit the top has to remain inside A, B or C to still be in play.
I'm not sure what the little sector of the disk close to the pole means (red color on the photo). It may mean that the top cannot be spinning too close to the pole and has to be moved away.
I'll ask Agus.

This is a video I downloaded from a gasing facebook page Agus sent me. Unfortunately, the video resolution is low, but there are interesting things, like women playing and a giant gasing started with a motorcycle pull at the end.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 10:20:02 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 01:46:18 PM »

Agus called me from Bangka Island by Whatsapp this morning and confirmed that A is for fighting, A+B+C are valid for spinning, and E is out of play.
If I understood correctly, he will send me a rule book.  :)