iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Linked Events

• World Spintop Contest - Cleveland: August 07, 2019 - August 10, 2019

Author Topic: 2019 World Contest  (Read 20433 times)

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
Re: 2019 World Contest
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2019, 02:46:54 AM »

Ah, I see! The holes are limited to the denser wood.

But do top throwers really need that kind of encouragement to open a bottle?
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2019, 08:36:37 AM »

So, butterfingers and mailman......are you bringing your ukeleles?
Hey, Earl! We are not going to the Cleveland event but we are planning to attend Miamisburg.
I'll make sure to bring something that can make some noise. Maybe a ukulele....might be something else.

Please don't look for me in Cleveland. Mailman may have secret travel plans to attend but it's unlikely.

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »

So, butterfingers and mailman......are you bringing your ukeleles?
Hey, Earl! We are not going to the Cleveland event but we are planning to attend Miamisburg.
I'll make sure to bring something that can make some noise. Maybe a ukulele....might be something else.

Please don't look for me in Cleveland. Mailman may have secret travel plans to attend but it's unlikely.
Man that's a bummer, I thought I'd get to see you guys. Guess it will have to be another time.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2019, 03:31:43 PM »

I hear each of the world champions, including the spintop freestyle champ, will get a custom embroidered jacket, worth $400!  :o

It seems we will have a nice crowd of spintop players, besides those competing.  :)
I'm arriving to Cleveland at 11 AM tomorrow (need to get to the airport around 3 AM) >:( )
I know Taka is arriving tonight. Wilson is arriving early tomorrow. Chris Neff late Wednesday. The Cuper team very early Thursday. Renee also Thursday.
I imagine Dazzling Dave and Mark Hayward arrive early. Mark K. will come Saturday. I imagine most players and the Earl will be there Wednesday.
Can't wait!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2019, 04:19:35 PM »

Aww enjoy it guys, I'd love to be there!
Spinning is life!!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2019, 05:08:09 PM »

I just talked with Jim Neff.  If all goes well, he will be there Thursday afternoon.  I have to be in the office Wednesday morning but hope to leave after that.  I should be there for supper or in the early evening.  Jim says he is packing "light" and only has four suitcases of fun.  I was also planning to pack light.  Actually, it will only be one bag of stuff for me and there are at least five boxes of things I am not bringing back to Miamisburg!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2019, 08:46:46 PM »

We will be there early tomorrow.  :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2019, 05:36:46 AM »

Waiting at the gate.

I think these medals are missing a tip  :P

When I get to Cleveland I'll start a new thread to report from there. 🙂

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2019, 12:12:16 PM »

Thanks Jorge for reaching out (how cool is that) and paxl13 for cheering me on! heheh.

I've been a long time lurker of the ta0 forums and thought it was pretty cool to be mentioned by Jorge way back in November for the early bird registration heh. Pretty excited for Worlds and meeting everyone and seeing some cool spin top skills live in action. (and getting the ITSA badge! https://www.spintops.org/membership.html)

paxl13 and Jack I live in Toronto now but grew up in Ottawa actually. We throw some tops at the YoYoToronto monthly meetups at U of T, check the FB group (Jack I think you might already be a member?) for meeting days (voted by people every month). My parents and brother are in Ottawa so I visit from time to time (I'm actually in Ottawa right now for a few days). Send me a message the next time you are up this way and maybe we can plan to meet up, maybe throw some tops on Parliament Hill or something lol.

Pretty pumped!

good grief man, i grew up in ottawa too haha. ive been meaning to go to that toronto yoyoclub thing for awhile, maybe ill catch you sometime  ;D

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2019, 11:29:17 AM »

Thanks Jorge for reaching out (how cool is that) and paxl13 for cheering me on! heheh.

I've been a long time lurker of the ta0 forums and thought it was pretty cool to be mentioned by Jorge way back in November for the early bird registration heh. Pretty excited for Worlds and meeting everyone and seeing some cool spin top skills live in action. (and getting the ITSA badge! https://www.spintops.org/membership.html)

paxl13 and Jack I live in Toronto now but grew up in Ottawa actually. We throw some tops at the YoYoToronto monthly meetups at U of T, check the FB group (Jack I think you might already be a member?) for meeting days (voted by people every month). My parents and brother are in Ottawa so I visit from time to time (I'm actually in Ottawa right now for a few days). Send me a message the next time you are up this way and maybe we can plan to meet up, maybe throw some tops on Parliament Hill or something lol.

Pretty pumped!

good grief man, i grew up in ottawa too haha. ive been meaning to go to that toronto yoyoclub thing for awhile, maybe ill catch you sometime  ;D

Whaat, that's amazing!  :o not sure if you know Guillaume Couture-Lévesque, whom is a yoyoer and also grew up in Ottawa, but he is in Toronto now and makes it out to the yoyo meetups too. Cool!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up