iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Linked Events

• World Spintop Contest - Cleveland: August 07, 2019 - August 10, 2019

Author Topic: 2019 World Contest  (Read 20471 times)

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
Re: 2019 World Contest
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2019, 08:04:30 PM »

Oooo :o nice list!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 11:18:11 AM by ta0 »

Eli Hickerson

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2019, 05:24:20 PM »

ta0 -can you make this a sticky at the begining of the thread.

Worlds 2019 Schedule

WednesdayCompetitor Registration (11am)

Thursday - Morning Instruction for beginner/intermediate throwers (10:30 am ) Bring your questions
                          Preliminary's for Stage Performers (1:30pm)  All registered players must demonstrate skill level with a 1 min freestyle for judges. Judges will decide who moves on to final stage for Saturday final.

FridayLadder Competition(10:30am) - Beginner Players - We will use the standard 40 trick list and players can pick the trick.
                       Challenge (1:30pm) Best trick Challenge. Demonstrate a new trick/combo you developed. You have 3 tries to hit your trick. Each player can submit up to 3 tricks. Open to all players. Everyone watching judges by voting for their favorite trick.
                       Battle Top (7pm ) Dave's Rules / Bring a Short Circuit

Saturday - Spintop Finals (5:30)

Corkscrew contest.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2019, 07:17:10 PM »

Corkscrew contest.
I'll ask Jakub, who won the trophy in Iceland, to send it so we have it in Cleveland  :)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2019, 07:35:56 PM »

I am still surprised at the time change for the spintop finals.  Hope people like vegabomb can work things out.

Do you think this means we were moved because they want us there for the big finish.........or are they just putting us there as a fill-in during dinner time? 
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2019, 03:01:33 AM »

salut la compagnie  8)

we were moved because they want us there for the big finish.......

absolutely! Saturday is a much better spot after the 1A and 4A finals (I trust José and Jorge will encourage Quentin  ;)

3 weeks to go : training time and gyroscopic meditation recommended for all contestants!

jim(in corsica)

ps more seriously : once we 'll have our independence, we won't have to face such changes anymore
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

valerieyo

• ITSA
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2019, 09:11:42 AM »

Is a short circuit a requirement for the battle?
I guess all using the same top is most fair. If son I have to dig ours out. 😀

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2019, 09:54:28 AM »

yes, short circuit is required.  More discussion on this thread.
http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php/topic,5795.0.html

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2019, 10:48:40 AM »

Farid Bermudez from Colombia just got his US Visa approved. He is now trying to secure funding but most likely he will be competing again this year.

There is one more week to upload music: https://cleveland2019.com/music-upload/

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2019, 04:52:39 PM »

The area around our world championship space is in the news again.  There are pictures in today's paper about the Soldiers and Sailors Monument just outside the Renaissance Hotel.  It seems that someone decided to climb it and caused some damage.  It was not confirmed whether or not the person at the top of the monument was playing with a yo-yo or throwing a top.

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2019, 01:04:13 AM »

Saludos a todos mis amigos del foro ya casi listos para el mundial y este año como fue mi compromiso y apoyo estamos de nuevo además de que van con migo Kelvin, y mi hijo James y la idea año tras año aumentar el número de mexicanos en mundiales..

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2019, 09:56:39 AM »

In less than a week we will meet in Cleveland!  8)

Unfortunately, Farid won't make it. So, no Colombian contestants.  :(
But Colombia will be represented, as Wilson Gomez will be there with Colombian tops and his traditional games kit.

Jakub sent me the Jim Boehm corkscrew trophy, so we need somebody to contribute a bottle of wine   ;D

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2019, 10:37:30 AM »

I exchanged emails with Mark from Canada. He is serious about competing in tops! He will be busy with also 1A and 4A. So, Jack and paxl13, you have a compatriot to root for!  :)

If you are coming to Cleveland and want to exchange cell phone numbers, send me a PM. I might set up a texting list to keep everybody abreast of what is going on (or a WhatsApp group if there is interest)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:40:50 AM by ta0 »

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »

3 weeks to go : training time and gyroscopic meditation recommended for all contestants!

For life balance, spiritual centering, and general wellness, nothing beats gyroscopic meditation -- not even goat yoga!

Good luck to everyone at Worlds!
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2019, 02:01:43 PM »

I exchanged emails with Mark from Canada. He is serious about competing in tops! He will be busy with also 1A and 4A. So, Jack and paxl13, you have a compatriot to root for!  :)

If you are coming to Cleveland and want to exchange cell phone numbers, send me a PM. I might set up a texting list to keep everybody abreast of what is going on (or a WhatsApp group if there is interest)

Nice... Go Mark!!! Go!!!

@Jack do you ever go into the ottawa region. I usually end up there for work a couple of time per year ( I know you are from toronto right ? )
Spinning is life!!!!

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2019, 09:03:47 PM »

Thanks Jorge for reaching out (how cool is that) and paxl13 for cheering me on! heheh.

I've been a long time lurker of the ta0 forums and thought it was pretty cool to be mentioned by Jorge way back in November for the early bird registration heh. Pretty excited for Worlds and meeting everyone and seeing some cool spin top skills live in action. (and getting the ITSA badge! https://www.spintops.org/membership.html)

paxl13 and Jack I live in Toronto now but grew up in Ottawa actually. We throw some tops at the YoYoToronto monthly meetups at U of T, check the FB group (Jack I think you might already be a member?) for meeting days (voted by people every month). My parents and brother are in Ottawa so I visit from time to time (I'm actually in Ottawa right now for a few days). Send me a message the next time you are up this way and maybe we can plan to meet up, maybe throw some tops on Parliament Hill or something lol.

Pretty pumped!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 02:06:34 AM by MarkLeithead »
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up