iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: well this arrived yesterday @-@  (Read 13754 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
well this arrived yesterday @-@
« on: June 28, 2016, 03:28:05 PM »

completely out of nowhere mailman rings, im like suuuuuuu mailmaaaan hes like suuuuu duuuuuude........long story short large box, i read its from neff, wasnt expecting a package from neff, suddenly relize its not the neff i thought it was, its a different neff, wasnt expecting a package from this neff either, i am intrigued what has this neff sent to me??? customs apperantly wanted to know aswell because they had a look and retaped it with officious tape, it was at this moment i relized that JNeff is one of the most awsome human beings i have ever come accross, i was instructed not to go overboard but in a scenario like this theres no damn board to go over @-@ allow your eyes to absorb the heebie jeebie goodnesses of.............

my body is aching but i am the happiest cookie in the north right now, this thing is sooooo heavy  :o
i now have immense respect for you guys that play with the big tops i had no idea how strenuous of a workout they are @-@
sorry for the lack of tricks im still getting used to how it acts and i may have to tape my fingers because i keep getting rope burn lol dreams really do come true gentlemen  ;)   
i really cant thank you enough jim!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: well this arrived yesterday @-@
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 03:51:39 PM »

That is awesome!!!  And this is another example of why this forum is so magical!  It is certainly more full of magic than Disney's kingdom (in my humble opinion).
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

trompillo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 04:16:13 PM »

Impresionante¡¡¡¡¡ ;)

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 05:16:50 PM »

This is a beatiful event, It makes me happy *sniff* tears of joy here folks

Roll starting is definitely the way to go with tops 5" or greater.  I patiently await what is to come from Jack and the Magic Bean Top :D

robtsou

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 05:53:46 PM »

Awesome!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 07:15:52 PM »

Wow!  8) Somehow you managed to win the raffle without buying any tickets!  :D
That was very kind of Jim but he could not find a better recipient. And we will enjoy all those future videos!

That is awesome!!!  And this is another example of why this forum is so magical!
The members make it magical!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 07:47:41 PM »

thanks guys  ;D
and by god there WILL be copious quantities of footage to come @-@

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 07:49:05 PM »

Roll starting is definitely the way to go with tops 5" or greater. 

great neff: i need more information on this "roll" start @-@ i must learn its ways @-@

Watts' Tops

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 09:07:15 PM »

Beautiful top and great job spinning. Looks easy. ;D
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 09:12:21 PM »

great neff: i need more information on this "roll" start @-@ i must learn its ways @-@
It's what you did at 0:12, I just call it a roll start instead of a snap start because... there is no snap.

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 10:32:07 PM »

It's what you did at 0:12, I just call it a roll start instead of a snap start because... there is no snap.

I'd call that a lasso from a snap, a slow snap, but it was spinning in the air before it was on the string... a roll start wouldn't be in the air, it'd already be on the string, or do we call that something else?

Also, thats awesome! I like how it looks when it's just spinning in your hand...

Ahh rope burn... is the rope a braid or a twist? I always thought the braided ropes burn me worse than twists... ive got a pair of polyester gloves that work great for fighting rope burn (although they do have some melty spots on the pointer finger from joker choker... also, the pumping regens are your friends in staving off rope burn... but you probably already know that.

Thanks for the vid!
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

ryan paul

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 11:05:42 PM »

wow!!! what a blessing!!! there is no top id rather have. knowing ill never have one makes me want it more!!! oh well.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:27:40 AM by ryan paul »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 02:53:35 PM »

Ahh rope burn... is the rope a braid or a twist? I always thought the braided ropes burn me worse than twists... ive got a pair of polyester gloves that work great for fighting rope burn (although they do have some melty spots on the pointer finger from joker choker... also, the pumping regens are your friends in staving off rope burn... but you probably already know that.

mmm indeed its braided, some line that came with a large tuoluo i got awhile back. i tried electrical taping my left pointers around the last knuckle and it went pretty well but it did get hot from the friction eventually  :'(. i shall try to find some gloves  ;)

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 02:55:40 PM »

wow!!! what a blessing!!! there is no top id rather have. knowing ill never have one makes me want it more!!! oh well.

where in the world are you my good man??? can you make the great pilgrimage to see johnm???

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 04:30:26 PM »

I love the top. You should have a lot of fun with it. I would like to see it do all the basic tricks.  Like stairway to heaven wire walkers, and double body cork screw. This top and you can do these tricks. I hope you keep this top in the air. Take a shot at Tyler.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:51:01 PM by cecil »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up