iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: US News World Report top ten countries in the world!  (Read 1452 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
US News World Report top ten countries in the world!
« on: January 21, 2016, 08:03:47 PM »

This is a fascinating list from the USA Today paper on 1/21.  Any guesses on the top ten?  It is based on factors like sustainability, adventure, cultural influence, entrepreneurship and economic influence.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
Re: US News World Report top ten countries in the world!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 09:13:57 PM »

United States is #4.  No country south of the US border made it.  No country from Africa is on there and only one country in Asia.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
Re: US News World Report top ten countries in the world!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:30:00 PM »

I am getting ready to toss out this paper but I want to type this out before I do.  Interestingly enough, this report has Germany as the #1 country in the world.  Followed by Canada (go Jack) and UK.  Sweden, Australia, Japan, France, Netherlands and Denmark round out the top ten.

Here is the list once again:

1-Germany
2-Canada
3-United Kingdom
4-United States
5-Sweden
6-Australia
7-Japan
8-France
9-Netherlands
10-Denmark

The article says "although the United States came in fourth overall, it is the most powerful country, according to the report.  'How a nation is perceived outside its borders is critical to is success,' said Martin Sorrell, WPP's chieff executive officer.  Ad firm WPP is the parent company of BAV.

Smart, thoughtful and responsible administrations pay attention to image and reputation, because a better image contributes towards more foreign direct investment, more tourism and a 'made-in' or 'created-in' premium,' Sorrell said."