iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Kids spinning in San Jose, CA  (Read 1951 times)

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Kids spinning in San Jose, CA
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »

When I was a kid Duncan, would come to the school and we would all play at the contest. The best I've ever done was second. My Dad, tried to show me tops, and I did not want any part of it. Now sixty years later I love them. The Tricks, the Fighting, and Making them. Trompos are nothing but pure MAGIC. I never went to the Chico, contest because I cant set that long, I just had three shots for the sciatica, and I never want that pain back. And now I have my spin top club going with all the kids, ten at this time and I'm hoping it will grow. Most of the kids have Grandpa's from Mexico, and I tell them it's in your BLOOD. THEY LOVE IT. I can't seem to post pictures of the kids at this time? Any help out there.

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Kids spinning in San Jose, CA
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 11:28:59 PM »

A video of the Kids. They were all camera shy on there spinners. They chocked.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 12:29:58 AM »

I see that you have an even mix of girls and boys.   This looks like great fun.  What are you using for a surface?

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 02:19:54 PM »

The bottom piece is 1/2 hard wood and the top is soft wood with black duck tape on it. It's worked for a few years. For the over hand four inch killer I'm using just a rug on the grass. I still need to find something that the tops will not bounce and will not put big holes in it with the over hand throw.