iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: many months later and......  (Read 3562 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
many months later and......
« on: July 16, 2014, 02:28:24 PM »

well its been quite a while now since my post pertaining to having made this top i call "little fellow" ("little fellow" on account of that larger top i made out of the same material which i named "big boy") its solid in construction and weighs in at fractionally just below 2 pds and is 5 1/4'' dia. but prior to the day before yesturday i had been unable to get it to spin, i just couldn't get the string length/diameter correct for proper orientation on release. well not any more gentlemen.......ive done it......i have thrown "little fellow" with great success.......behold:

no longer is ''little fellow'' a shelf piece but rather a functioning member of my arsenal @-@
thank you all
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:32:23 PM by Jack »

dazzlingdave

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
    • dazzlingdave.com
Re: many months later and......
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »

Now BOOOOMERANGGGG that little fellow!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 04:15:14 PM »

Now BOOOOMERANGGGG that little fellow!

suuuuuuuure right after i buy a mouth guard a football helmet and life insurance and have called the ambulance aswell as finalizing my last will and testament...........lol but seriously ya i hope to do a boomerang soon but for now it scares me  :-[ what id really love to do is regens with that thing, itll be a challenge not dropping it with that tip but i must try >:D

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 09:23:41 PM »

Looks like it spins pretty smooth and your proportion is excellent.  I like the straight tip also, I really want to have a go at that one some day.  Good work Jack Jack!

yollector

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:16:31 PM »

BOOM   ER    ANG    ;D

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 12:52:53 AM »

Nice!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 03:28:21 AM »

Looks like it spins pretty smooth and your proportion is excellent.  I like the straight tip also, I really want to have a go at that one some day.  Good work Jack Jack!

thank you very much sir! i would literally be tickled to death to someday have the opportunity for you to spin it  :o

BOOM   ER    ANG    ;D

o kay do kay......sir

Nice!

thank you kirk  ;D

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »

suuuuuuuure right after i buy a mouth guard a football helmet and life insurance and have called the ambulance aswell as finalizing my last will and testament...........lol but seriously ya i hope to do a boomerang soon but for now it scares me  :-[ what id really love to do is regens with that thing, itll be a challenge not dropping it with that tip but i must try >:D

Jack, along with all that gear, I suggest a weight lifters glove.  I think they have a padded palm which may go far in avoiding that stabbing pain when you catch your first boomerang.   ;D

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 11:10:27 AM »

Nice top!  8)

Two pounds? I suggest a thick cord. A solid top requires more oomph to get it back.