iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: POP HOP  (Read 2719 times)

topper777

POP HOP
« on: December 06, 2011, 05:40:06 PM »

here is a trick i made up after getting my sofia as a present a couple of days ago. i figured this out on the first day of getting the spintop SOFIA, or as i call her SOFY. i pop the top from the tip to the middle section and back to the tip again. maurizio really hit the ball out of the park with this top. unfortinuatlly i have no way of slowing the video down, but i hope you can get the concept of what i am doing. if you have any questions on how i do this , dont hesitate to ask.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:55:50 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: POP HOP
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 07:04:41 PM »

Well done! Thanks for posting the video (we need more trick videos . . .)  ::)

You are right: I had noticed on a couple of failed trapezes that Sofia grinds pretty well by the waist on the string . But after watching your video and reproducing the trick I tried a couple of more waist grinds including a finger grind directly from the trapeze. I have never been much of a grind player (notwithstanding the Tarzan grind) but this may change that  ;)

topper777

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:47:40 PM »

the SOFIA is perfect for inner rim grinds. all of my grind tricks that i have carried over to my SOFIA, have been so much easier. i have at least 5 grind tricks to date. one is simular to tao,s, i pop the top from a trapeze to my thumb and pop the top back out and whip catch the top. it is one of my favorite tricks. i have not made a video for it. there are a lot of tricks i have made up that have not made it to video but i hope to do more filming. ;D

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »

I have fooled around with grinds a bit.  It is just so contrary to the way I think.  I am always trying to get things to keep spinning, to continue to spin, to spin faster.  Grinds, of course, do all the opposite.  But, I suppose, that is part of what makes them so cool. 

From what little I have seen, it seems like yo-yoers are more into grinds that top spinners.  What do others think?
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Ludo

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »

YES VERY YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSS  TOP777  SO I HAVE TO WORK ALOT FOR DO THIS
GOOD TRICK AND NICE TOP .ITS POSSIBLE TO PUT DOUBLE TIPS ON THIS TOP?  BYE LUDO