iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: where to find tops to buy  (Read 10375 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
where to find tops to buy
« on: August 19, 2009, 03:01:16 PM »

John Buechele and I threw some tops at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Kettering today.  It was a good time and all of the kids really got into it.  I think everyone had some good spinners at one time or another and John gave a demonstration of his amazing ability afterwards!  I clapped politely.

Several people asked about where to find tops.  So, I thought we should start a thread here so others can learn from our experience.

I told them about www.spintastics.com

I should have also said something about www.infiniteillusions.com
and www.duncan.com

What else should I have told them?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:10:41 PM by ta0 »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: where to find tops to buy
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 03:58:29 PM »

Confusion might arise if anyone went to www.duncan.com.  That's a picture of a boat (of all things).  Try www.yo-yo.com for Duncan products...

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 09:45:25 PM »

Thanks for the heads up comment, Rick.  I guess I should have checked that link a little closer!  Maybe I was thinking about throwing tops on the high seas?

Other places to find tops include the top museum website (that's out of Burlington, Wisconsin).....http://www.topmuseum.org/5.html

And, of course, we can't forget to mention Alan Gray's amazing wood tops at
http://www.woodtops.com/

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 10:19:45 PM »

I've got some Monarchs left if anyone is interested... not sure what to charge, but I'm open to offers... these are from the last batch made... mixed red tops, blue bottoms, visa versa, etc.  No strings.  These have the black plastic tips from The Toycrafter.  We used to use mason's line with a wood button on the ones we sold, but it was not a really good solution!  How about 5 for $25 - PayPal or check - free shipping - tops only - no buttons or string - I'll check my supply, but I think I can include an extra tip for each?
Don Olney
1237 E. Main St.
Rochester, NY 14609
topman@rochester.rr.com

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 07:39:14 PM »

Some people on the pulpowsky.com forum are asking about Monarchs.  I copied silvertop's last message about them and put it on their forum.

Trevor

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 08:07:57 PM »

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:37:15 AM by Trevor »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »

Good list.  Thanks. 

The people on pulpowsky.com were saying everywhere they went the Monarch's were sold out.  This list at least will give them other possibilities for tops.  They will appreciate it.

suttonjp

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »

I would avoid submitting orders on Duncan Toys Website until they get their Shipping Calculator figured out.  I was trying to place an order for $52 worth of tops and yo-yo's and the shipping was $36.  I finally got ahold of Customer Service by phone and found the shipping was actually $9.  Why the website figures it so high, I don't know.

Go to yo-yo.com to decide what you want, but don't place your order online until they fix it.  The only drawback to this is when you order by phone, you have to pay tax, so it still cost extra.

Watts' Tops

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 07:24:44 PM »

Thanks Trevor for mentioning Watts' Tops.  If they use    wbwatts@byron.com      it would be faster.  Would love to get a few more of my 4 and 5 inch tops out there. :-*
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 12:12:34 AM »

I've got some Monarchs left if anyone is interested... not sure what to charge, but I'm open to offers... these are from the last batch made... mixed red tops, blue bottoms, visa versa, etc.  No strings.  These have the black plastic tips from The Toycrafter.  We used to use mason's line with a wood button on the ones we sold, but it was not a really good solution!  How about 5 for $25 - PayPal or check - free shipping - tops only - no buttons or string - I'll check my supply, but I think I can include an extra tip for each?

Are the Monarchs the plastic spintops, or the wood ones?

suttonjp

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 04:34:20 PM »

I know the reference to Monarchs was almost 2-years old, but I was wondering if anyone still has those for sale?  The only place I've seen them is the yo-yo guy website and they're out of stock.  I'm interested if anyone still has some for sale.  Thanks.

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 07:29:43 PM »

I'll still honor the 5 for $25 deal, but let's add $5 shipping...... 5 for $30 assorted colors - no strings.  Mostly red and blue halves in assorted arrangements.   probably easiest if you e-mail me at topman at rochester dot rr dot com   ditch and substitute the appropriate thingys!

suttonjp

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 10:52:21 PM »

Great!  I sent you an email a few minutes ago.  Thanks!

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 01:24:24 AM »

That sounds good 5 for 30, I just sent you an email
Thank you

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 02:20:21 PM »

YoyoExpert has just sold their last 2 Acrobats, so I guess that officially makes Yoyofactory a discontinued brand as far as tops go.  I hope one day they start making tops again (hopefully at a lower price point.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:23:38 PM by ta0 »
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up