iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Balanza para medir el centro de gravedad de los trompos  (Read 3041 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
Balanza para medir el centro de gravedad de los trompos
« on: November 03, 2010, 08:05:52 PM »

You can seethis information in the spanish website Yoy4all.com
This is interesting, mainly for those who make tops...and for the players, too...
I ignore if this topic was written here previously....

http://www.yoyo4all.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2249

Balanza para medir el centro de gravedad de los trompos

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Balanza para medir el centro de gravedad de los trompos
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:27:22 AM »

I hadn't seen that article by Pedro Izquierdo (pizquie1) but it is very impressive for the detailed work he does, as has been the case on a least a couple of other spintop articles he has posted. Once built that balancing jig will let you find the exact center of mass of a spintop very easily.

The pdf article lists the results (including other measurements) for 11 tops. Great work!

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »

well, but, is it relly useful, excatly, in what way might that balance to help to the player, and the makers too?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 04:57:05 PM »

well, but, is it relly useful, excatly, in what way might that balance to help to the player, and the makers too?

I guess for a spintop designer it could be useful. For example, if you add a 3D design to the crown of the top but you don't want the play to change much you may want to keep the center of mass in the same position by loading the tip.

But what I really want to see is a spintop moment-inertia measuring device. I have several ideas on how to do it, but who knows when I will get around to building one.