iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: making it better!  (Read 3794 times)

topper777

making it better!
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:54:54 PM »

so i have a clear bearing trompo grande. are there any good mods for it? ? ?

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
Re: making it better!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:49 AM »

The best one is changing the tip. The Salvador's diabolo-shape fix tips are awesome.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

rusty

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:14:38 AM »

Is there an easy way to order this tips in Europe?
And do they work for both the fixed trompo grande and the bearing trompo grande?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:38:35 AM »

Pulp is obviously talking about the fixed tip Trompo Grande.  I believe he has some tips for sale (in Europe.) Spintastics now has Salvador's tips so you can order directly from them.  And if you also want some of the Mexican tops, I do have a few tips left I can include  ;)

For the Trompo Bearing there are not many performance mods, unless you count cleaning the bearings and lately they already come clean. Mods for the TB are more about looks: adding a light or painting and dyeing the clear body. By the way, I came up with a color variation of the stationary vertical stripes and also a way of having a drawing (e.g. a name) to show on the side while it spins, but I need a new camera with manual control of the shutter before I can post pictures.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 09:51:05 AM »

Agree, no known performance mods.  Tip shape is great for bearing play.

Ta0 - want to buy a nikon FM?  ::)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 11:46:15 AM »

The only mod I can think of that might also be worth mentioning is Daveid's "King Me" mod.  This is simply a tipless duncan ripcord (or BK) top inserted into (and taped at the junction with) the body of the trompo as a replacement for the original Trompo cap.  This was a mod geared toward fixed tip play, but it would be fine for bearing as well.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:08:32 PM by poptop »
Erratic Wobbler

topper777

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 12:42:56 PM »

The only mod I can think of that might also be worth mentioning is Daveid's "King Me" mod.  This is simply a tipless duncan ripcord (or BK) top inserted into the body of the trompo as a replacement for the original Trompo cap.  This was a mod geared toward fixed tip play, but it would be fine for bearing as well.
will a blizzard work? i tried it but the blizzard flies out and across the room and doesnt feel balenced
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:00:07 PM by topper777 »

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »

I forgot to mention that the King Me mod is supposed to be taped together to fasten the Duncan top to the Trompo body.  Critical omission... ;D

I believe the Spintastics Hollow point was designed to accept the smaller Spintastic tops within as a "twin spin" insert.  This might/should also work with the Spintastic Torpedo???

topper777

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 07:30:44 PM »

thanks. it works and is definitly a different throw!