iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bermuda Triangle.  (Read 3554 times)

WretchedRapture

Bermuda Triangle.
« on: August 22, 2010, 09:11:12 PM »

I dont even know where to start with this trick, but i'd like to learn it? Any help?  :-\

Spinningray

• ITSA Jr.
    • Woodtops
Re: Bermuda Triangle.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »

Have you watched the video on ta0.com?

John Buechele

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:43:21 PM »

The set up for this trick is to throw a boomerang, then take your string and put it behind your head. This is to keep most of the excess string out of the way. The take the string and put it around the top as if to do merry go round. As you start the merry go round you need to insert your index finger from your non-throw hand into the merry go round loop. The closer your index finger is to your hand the easier this trick is and the less likely it will get all tangled up. Your index finger basically follows the top around, and prevents the string from wrapping around the tip. It's kind of a difficult trick to get at first but definately very rewarding and a lot of fun once you get it down. Definately watch Ta0's video as that will help make sense of all of this.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 10:13:59 PM »

Have you watched the video on ta0.com?
Two problems.
First, the old advanced compulsory videos are not working due to the embedded old flash player I used (at least on my firefox). I need to look into that.
Second, my bermuda triangle has always been ugly. I never liked that trick, never could get it as clean looking as on the HTBP video. Mark Hayward also does a good one.

WretchedRapture

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 10:45:29 PM »

Thanks John, that was already a lot help. Just to clear things up a bit, your finger does not actually slide along the string at all, but rather you sort of hook it and rotate it around the top? Haha this is very hard trick to describe in writing lol. And this can be done with either a fixed tip or a bearing tip, just like a merry go round right? And im sure Ta0's video would be of much help, but none of the advanced compulsory trick videos are working for me either :/

John Buechele

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 11:19:42 PM »

Thats right the finger doesn't really slide along the string it stays fixed at one point and just rotates around. I'll try and make a video tomorrow. Also you really should use a bearing top, especially for trying to learn the trick.

WretchedRapture

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 11:35:20 PM »

A video would be soo helpful, i think i was able to pull one off today but it was terribly ugly probably didnt even look how it was supposed to lol. And yea, ive been doing most of my practicing with my Blizzard, im actually pretty bad with my sidewinder, i need to work on more wirewalker tricks with a fixed tip.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 01:00:20 AM »

I changed the old compulsory page so now it links directly to the flash videos (no embedded player). If you have a flash player you should be able to see them:

click here for old Championship Compulsories

In the not too distant future I will put an embedded player (when I also do all the ladder tricks).

RunBMC

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 07:04:10 PM »

Is there anyway you can post it on here? the tricks don't work on my computer, it says i have to find a owner or something of the video... i don't know what to pick.
Every jam we play, we break two needles
There's three of us but we're not the Beatles
My name is Beau, you can call him B
You can call me Beau Matt Compt, or you can call him BMC
People always ask, "BMC, what does it mean?"
Well I just told you.

WretchedRapture

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »

Thanks, Ta0. I just checked out your video, gonna run through it a few time in slow mo, and i should have a hold of this trick pretty soon. Good news also, yesterday i was able to pull off my first boomerang to lasso  ;D

RunBMC

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 09:17:58 PM »

Congratz wretched, it's always fun to learn a new trick isn't it?