iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hand-Sweat Prevention  (Read 7323 times)

Darren Kim

• Gold Member
    • This Blog is Crucial
Re: Hand-Sweat Prevention
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 06:53:13 PM »

I usually take some napkins or paper towels from some place and stick them in my pocket. Had one at Worlds that helped. IDK everything I put on my hands just makes top spinning harder for me. Its kinda rudementary, but it works
Spin top is the new yo-yo

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 10:47:17 PM »

yep, pitchers/bowlers use a rosin bag. rosin keeps your hands sticky so you can keep a grip on the ball (or whatever) and not recommended for yo-yos/tops. it's the same stuff band geeks put on the bows of their string instruments. it's basically resin from trees and plants and similar to sap. wouldn't want that on my hands.

talc (or talcum powder) would be alright...is the same stuff that they put in baby powder. baby powder may also contain corn starch. people who play billiards may be familiar with hand chalk (which is not actually chalk, but talc - real chalk is calcium carbonate and rock climbers/weightlifters/gymnasts use magnesium carbonate, which is close) which is used to keep hands dry. incidentally, billiard players also use billiard gloves instead of hand chalk, which some yo-yoers use.

i'm full of useless knowledge.
Actually, that sounds more useful that lots of stuff people know. I learned something today. Thanks!

RunBMC

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »

Thanks guys, I will try all of these tricks.
salut BMC ! (best medical crook?)

for sweaty hands there's an unbeatable trick
it's a gujarati posture (india) easy to perform

just sit , with your arms raised to a waist level position
then put the thumb nail in contact with the tip of your pinkies
press a little not too much just enough to feel your heartbeat
after 30 sec or so you should feel your heartbeat in both pinkies and the sweat starts to slow down.. then you concentrate a little for about 3 mn and the sweat will be gone , wash you hands after the process, and go straight to the stage  :D

jim
I can't feel my heartbeat lol.
Every jam we play, we break two needles
There's three of us but we're not the Beatles
My name is Beau, you can call him B
You can call me Beau Matt Compt, or you can call him BMC
People always ask, "BMC, what does it mean?"
Well I just told you.
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up