iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: EL GRAN BIG BANG MEXICANO DE CUERDAS DEL TROMPO PARTE X - bastones w/release  (Read 4231 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Here is an "off-hand" variation of a regen trick that may give some inspiration to those competing at worlds.  The trick is the wheel of fortune, better known as bastones in Mexico, what we have also called polar satellites o regenerating suns. Salvador ups the ante by releasing the string.  Enjoy!

Youtube:

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member

is thos kind of trick give back speed to the top?

OMG snap start is really incredible hard to skills it?

pplgrande

• Superhero member

Increible como siempre Salvador
Salvador always amazing, I still cant understand how he regens so easily, well at least he makes it look easy
thanks for sharing the video

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Yes, that is a regeneration trick.

Yes, it is a difficult trick.

I still cant understand how he regens so easily
Neither can I  ???

Greaves504

• Gold Member

During the last bit of the video I couldn't help hearing in my head
"Do a little dance! Make a little love! Get down tonight! Get down tonight!"

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!

I was concerned that the ultra-light buttons I like to use were going to make this trick impossible, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  What makes it impossible is that it is impossible.  Just kidding.  The catch is somewhat easy, but going right into another sun is what is most impressive.  Good work Salvador!

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

Ouí. c´est de regeneration. Je suis le Roi de la REGEneration. ;D
Si tu es jouer de yoyo, c´´ est le mëme choise, l´automatique.

I still cant understand how he regens so easily, well at least he makes it look easy
thanks for sharing the video
Practice and practice. Is easier than you believe.
It´s a pleasure to me to share the tricks.

"Do a little dance! Make a little love! Get down tonight! Get down tonight!"
:( Me quedé de a seis! Podría alguien bilingüe explicarme que significa esta expresión?

I was concerned that the ultra-light buttons I like to use were going to make this trick impossible, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  What makes it impossible is that it is impossible.  Just kidding.  The catch is somewhat easy, but going right into another sun is what is most impressive.  Good work Salvador!

mmm...well, in fact, this trick was done like that, ´cos a lot of persons said to me that I didn´t release the string.
So, to prove that I really release the cord, I hit myself in the head or in the hip.
One thing I must suggest to all of you, is that in this trick, with this variation, I don´t use one of those very long strings I normally use all the time. In this case, is much better to use a shorter string.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:41:25 PM by ta0 »

Greaves504

• Gold Member

It's one of those disco songs they like to use in movies sometimes.

John Buechele

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member

This is inspiring and intimidating all at the same time. Salvador you are an incredible player. Thanks for the video.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper

If I recall correctly, Neff told me to let the top slow down before initiating the rotations.  I think its a fine line between going slow enough and too slow.  The rhythm and sync of both hands and arms seems to play an important role as well.

I usually loose the top off the string as it precesses out of control after 2-3 bastones/suns.  I think I got 4 twice now.  Doesn't seem right to call it wheel of fortune before lots of rotations / regeneration is occurring tho...

Erratic Wobbler

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

I forgot to mention that when you are trying to do this trick, at the end, you can do two or three different tricks,,,well, they are almost the same , but you can doing, by ending in different sort...you can do an helicopter, to give some spins to the top tangled in the string, or recover it and to do a lzada again....ant too to do a trick similar to one that is done in the yoyo style of using a counterweight.... :P