iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Balance Problems  (Read 1788 times)

Greaves504

• Gold Member
Balance Problems
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:09:24 PM »

Hey guys, I need a little help with balancing the top on my hand. I can throw a boomerang just fine, it even lands straight. but when I catch the top, it starts riding the lines in my hand and it ends up spinning out of control before I have much time to set up a trick. Am I supposed to stretch my hand as wide as I can to make my palm flat as possible or something?

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Re: Balance Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 02:50:38 PM »

I think you mean you can't get it to stand up straight?  If that's what you mean, then the answer, in a nutshell, is do the opposite of what you think you should do.  If you were balancing a pencil in your hand, you would move your hand in the direction it is leaning to balance it.  For a top, do the opposite.  Move your hand in the direction the tip is pointing, which is the opposite of the way it is leaning.  Since the top precesses (leans in a circular motion) the ideal corrective movement is somewhat circular, but for now, pick one direction to wait for and move it then... like wait for the tip to be pointed the same direction your thumb is and then move your hand in the direction of your thumb.

OR, do you mean the top is jumping around?  If that's what you mean, balance your top, like in this article:  http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php?topic=889.0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:53:43 PM by Neff »

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
Re: Balance Problems
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:35:20 AM »

never heard an explication of balancing the top in the top so clear as this one... It's exactly this.!