iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: help!!!  (Read 3300 times)

topper777

help!!!
« on: August 06, 2010, 05:16:04 PM »

i bought a trompo bearing spintop from spintastics, its clear and i can see a metal weight ring in the top. the problem is i am having a hard time throwing it correctly. if i take out the weight ring will it be easier to throw? any help is greatly appreciated.

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: help!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 09:44:58 PM »

Some people will say yes, take it out while others will say leave it in, and some will say it does not matter.  I think most top players have their way of throwing and it works for them.  It may not work for others.  I would recommend that you adjust the way the top is pointing at release until you find the way that works best for you and go from there.  Then you can find out if you prefer the weight ring in or out.
Practice hard and play safe.

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 02:27:30 AM »

I agree, you should adjust your throw before deciding wether or not to take the weight ring out
I personally dont like the extra weight, but like Dick said, alot of people might disagree
By throwing a trompo grande, it's going to take some adjusting because its bigger and you hold it differently, specially in the begining (i know i did), but if you have a good boomerang with a normal size trompo, you should be able to adjust
Also make sure you using the string that came with it, a normal size string its to short for a trompo that size
Good luck

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »

The bigger the top, the slower the throw.  Be patient, let it tell you how to throw it right.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »

What Chris said...slow it down.  You might also also try a slightly underhand toss to get the feel.

FWIW, I play my TG w/o the ring, TB with.
Erratic Wobbler

Dizzy

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 01:19:19 AM »

I agree with Dick, Chris and pop in the following order:

Try slowing down first, and if that doesn't work try throwing more underhand (like your bowling almost), and then you can fine-tune your throw with a tip-angle adjustment.

Just don't change more than one variable at a time or you can make it harder to get things straightened out in the long run.

I hope that helps!

BTW, I have never thrown any of my Trompos without the ring.  Now you guys are going to make me open up a perfectly balanced Trompo, take out the ring and try it that way to see what I like better.

You guys are killing me!  I have things to do!  >:(
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:35:08 AM by Dizzy »

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 02:33:13 AM »

BTW, I have never thrown any of my Trompos without the ring.  Now you guys are going to make me open up a perfectly balanced Trompo, take out the ring and try it that way to see what I like better.

You guys are killing me!  I have things to do!  >:(

Thats funny
I think thats the best part of trompos, getting different feels for them ;)