iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Meeting Place at Worlds?  (Read 3354 times)

Darren Kim

• Gold Member
    • This Blog is Crucial
Meeting Place at Worlds?
« on: July 23, 2010, 01:14:49 AM »

Hello, I was wondering if there's a certain place at Worlds that the spin toppers like to meet at? It's my first time out and I'm kinda like that kid lost in the supermarket looking for his mommy. ;D
Spin top is the new yo-yo

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Meeting Place at Worlds?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 08:08:45 PM »

Hey Darren, sorry no one has answered your thread yet.  I was sure there would be a bunch of responses by now.

There is a big hall at the Rosen Hotel where all the stage activity occurs.  There are a number of tables to the outside of this room where vendors sell their wares.  Just outside this hall is a very large entranceway.  It seems like there are always yoyoers hanging out in this outer hall waiting for some new event on the stage, heading to the bathroom or going to get something to eat.  You won't be able to miss us with our tops.  We will either be in the bit hall or out in the entranceway.

Looking forward to meeting you.  I am also looking forward to seeing pplgrande.  My dream is that I will meet many others from this board there!!!

I just heard that John Buechele is registered.

Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 12:32:17 AM »

Yes, you won't have any difficulty finding us. The spintop players make themselves visible, specially with Mike around  ;)

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 03:47:52 AM »

Im looking forward to meeting all of you, Its great to know there is other people interested in trompos as much as I am :)
And all of you are very nice and helpfull, I hope to be helpfull while you all are here in orlando

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 05:12:22 PM »

In the latest email update from Greg I see that Bob Rule is coming to Worlds: yeah! Mr. YoYo at one time also called himself Mr. Spin Top! You can see some tops if you look around his wonderful website: www.mryoyo.com.  I wonder if he would be up to holding Figaro for a picture for the gallery  ;D

By the way, the same Friday of worlds, the Fire Boys from Málaga (southern Spain) are organizing a contest. Besides diverse prizes, the 11+ years division will have cash prizes: 1st- 100 euros, 2nd - 70 euros, 3rd - 50 euros. Not bad for a local contest for youngsters!

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 08:56:48 PM »

By the way, the same Friday of worlds, the Fire Boys from Málaga (southern Spain) are organizing a contest. Besides diverse prizes, the 11+ years division will have cash prizes: 1st- 100 euros, 2nd - 70 euros, 3rd - 50 euros. Not bad for a local contest for youngsters!

That's Javiers group right?  Good on 'em.