iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mike visited UC for a bit of fun  (Read 7888 times)

johnm

• Ultrahero member
Re: Mike visited UC for a bit of fun
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 10:23:05 PM »

Happy Birthday Mike!

For the last two days, we've been keeping the basement awake with boisterous spintop battles using the saucer and Sidewinders you left with us.  I've got great memories of top ejections and a sore arm from throwing beyond my ability.  The fights are intense and we'll need to replace the tape on a couple of them after today's bouts.

Now I've broken the first two rules of TOP CLUB. :-X ::) ??? :o ;)

(This is a joke among the UC players based on a scene from the movie "Fight Club" but because the clips on
Youtube contain violence, I'll not link to it here and let the interested reader choose to find it.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:39:27 PM by johnm »

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 11:18:07 PM »

Well, from me too.  Happy Birthday & Many More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Practice hard and play safe.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 11:49:49 PM »

Happy birthday, Mike!
You'll have to wait a few days for your top presents . . .
(according to the site calendar, we have several birthdays this month, including a big one).

We just came back from the River Walk. I checked the front of the Alamo and there is a piece of grass across where we can throw tops  ;D

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 02:42:03 AM »

Joyeux Anniversaire , Mike !!

have a great birthday

Houtlandish-Jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 01:22:42 PM »

Thanks, everyone, for the kind greetings and well wishes.  This is the perfect ending to my 57th birthday.  How nice to have a posting milestone dedicated to me.  How wonderful to have greetings from all across the United States.  How terrific to have birthday wishes sent to me from other countries.  But, best of all, how great to have a fun and friendly community of top spinners in which to hang out with and share stories.

I spent much of the day at the state track meet watching some amazing runners and jumpers.  What a thrill for an old man to still be able to find a way to enjoy the sport even though I move much slower over the hurdles than those young whippersnappers.  My dream was to figure out a way to go over the same number of hurdles as my age.  What a thrill to get to 65.  What a humbling sight to still see 15 more hurdles lined up.  I have a ways to go before I exhaust all the hurdles at Miamisburg High School.

And for next week, I only have four words for you Jorge..........BIG TOP CANDY SHOP!  It is featured in the USA Today newspaper this weekend and looks like it is quite the place to visit in Austin.  That's only an hour from you, isn't it?
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 04:19:28 PM »

And for next week, I only have four words for you Jorge..........BIG TOP CANDY SHOP!  It is featured in the USA Today newspaper this weekend and looks like it is quite the place to visit in Austin.  That's only an hour from you, isn't it?
Ha! You have an eye for finding these things! Yes, it is probably under 1 hour from here and definitely a place I need to check out. Unfortunately, the decoration is going to be circus related not spinning tops, but I would say if they like the circus they have to like tops. And among that large variety of candy they must have several that spin well   :P

But, to tell you the truth, my house is starting to feel like a big top candy store . . . Today I received a near mint Duncan Yo-Yo-Man spike-point top and Monday I should receive a very special top that I am sure you will love to throw  :-X  8)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2018, 11:59:54 AM »

By the way, I am wearing my BIG TOP CANDY SHOP t-shirt today.  My wife Dawn was nice enough to buy me this from a visit to Austin to see her oldest daughter.

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2018, 11:19:39 PM »

Felicidades amigo mikeeeeee