iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Entertaining with tops at the DoSeum  (Read 140 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Entertaining with tops at the DoSeum
« on: June 07, 2015, 12:03:21 PM »

Yesterday I was over seven hours at the opening of the Doseum, entertaining kids. I used only two tops that I carried in my pockets (I had some extra in a bag in storage but I did not take them out): a Giulia bearing and a modded Hollow Point. I used the fixed tip a few times to freestyle for grown ups who were curious, but most of the time I was using the Giulia to put it spinning in the hands of kids, make them blow on the top for gyro flops, and doing some corkscrews or pole dancing. I must have spun the top on the hands of about 500 kids!  :o The muscle on the back of the shoulder was hurting when I finished.

I need to thank Maurizio for the quality of the Giulia. I (and the kids) must have dropped it at least 50 times on the hard floor (tile and concrete), mostly tip down, but the top was still spinning well at the end of the day!  :o

Here is one photo from my camera, but the Doseum photographer took many more which they should be uploading soon to their facebook page.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Entertaining with tops at the DoSeum
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »

Buen trabajo.  You are a good top ambassador.  That is a lot of spinning for one day.  You have earned some time to rest and take a nap today (which is where I am headed).
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 06:39:25 PM »

The Alamo Juggling Club went back to the beautiful DoSeum to provide entertainment. It was again over 6 hours, but this time it was more relaxed. I still threw a lot of tops but mixed it with other props. I also taught a few kids to throw tops.

Curiously, the kid with the red shirt in the photo is also called Jorge.  :D
Because of the mask requirement it was a little harder to do one of my favorite tricks with kids, which is making them believe that by blowing on the top you start the gyro flop.
It was lots of fun and look forward to doing it again.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 06:41:48 PM by ta0 »

CUPER

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 09:31:54 AM »

Woooo,los que nos dedicamos a trabajar de promotores vivimos estás experiencias seguido , felicidades....

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 07:48:49 PM »

I wish I could have been there to watch their reactions!

Joah

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 11:30:01 PM »

You're so awesome Ta0! The kids and families must've had blast!